Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm picking my wife's new Orlando LTZ 2.0 diesel on Wednesday from Chevrolet in Bradford. I haven't seen the car in the flesh yet, having test driven another model at a dealer closer to our house in Cheshire. So, anything I need to know or check out prior to driving it away?

·
Registered
380 Posts
I assume it is new? If so, get the dealer to explain about driving style and warning lights and make sure you understand what you need to do too. Please make sure you read your handbook and note the locking wheel nut number in your handbook AND on the service booklet. Haapy Chevrolet motoring and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome and the good advice! You're right, the car is brand new. We went to our local dealer (in Stoke) and drove a petrol LT. It seemed under powered to me so we chose the 2.0 litre diesel and wanted an LTZ auto but not the exec pack. There were none for sale in that dealer and none in Chevrolet's stock in the UK or on the next two boats.

However, after phoning around every Chevrolet dealer in the northwest I found one - diesel, LTZ, no exec pack and automatic - in exactly the colour we wanted (black)! It was sitting in the showroom of Chevrolet Bradford. Anyway, they got the sale and I'm picking it up on Wednesday. All in all, a very smooth transaction so far!

·
Registered
380 Posts
The 1.8 petrol is a bit of a dog, but I have found my 2.0 150hp diesel in the epica to be absolutely fine. Fuel economy is generally about 40 ish +/- 2mpg locally, best normal average going m4 to london is 46.3, but best at 55ish mph was an entirely acceptable 50mpg, not bad considering the weight of the car. Give the orlando time to run in and you will enjoy it. Pluses for me are the seating position and the tardis like interior, but now emptynesters so just the 2 of us. Let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anywhere near 40 mpg would be great! We sold a 2001 BMW E39 530i to buy this and we were lucky to get 20 mpg in that! We have had a range of 7 seater cars in the past but nothing like this Orlando. So, I will certainly report back on the joys of ownership (hopefully).Edited by: JpjsavageJ

·
Registered
69 Posts
You will have a very big surprise be careful with your right foot, I have the Orlando LTZ Auto Diesel with Exec Pack 163 Bhp and could and still can get wheelspin from start, such a well handling car not a vehicle that wallows 0 - 60 in aprox 9.7secs not bad for something that weighs 1 3/4 ton and handles like a car not a MPV. So came as such a shock after driving a Citroen C4 Auto the auto box in the Orlando is far better. Also can give some BMW drivers who try and cut me up a very nasty surprise as it has left them standing. The SatNav takes getting used to though as different to set up than the Garmin I used before, the warning bells don't drive you up the wall either.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts