Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

It would be very nice to get help from my first post.

I bought Chevrolet captiva 2.0 diesel 2007.

The Body control module was broken, because my remote keys did not work properly and other problems. Someone tried to repair it, but unfortunately it is completely damaged now.
We changed the body control module BCM, now remote keys work perfectly but ABS, ESR, Windows and air conditioning do not work anymore. I must program VIN into the new bcm unit but till now I cannot do it.

I tried with Op-com but has not program option of this model in BCM. Also tried Autel's Maxisys does not work. a Chevrolet dealer tried with GM Tech2 but also doesn't work. Another opel dealer tried, does not work.

I am just wondering how can I do it to re-learn the bcm body control module, or to write car VIN in it? which device can do it??

Please help me as soon as possible my car in the garage with opened windows.

Best regards,

·
Super Moderator
6,457 Posts
Having tried various methods to programme the BCM by GM & Opel (including the GM Tech2) I would start to wonder if there is a problem with the replacement unit (was it new or pre used?); or there are some wiring problems elsewhere.

Your Sign-Up is blank on your Location but I'm interpreting the small flag icon to be Germany.

Helpful Forum info for new Forum Members here:-

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Having tried various methods to programme the BCM by GM & Opel (including the GM Tech2) I would start to wonder if there is a problem with the replacement unit (was it new or pre used?); or there are some wiring problems elsewhere.

Your Sign-Up is blank on your Location but I'm interpreting the small flag icon to be Germany.

Helpful Forum info for new Forum Members here:-
The new unit should be ok.
The problem is that we have not found any option to relearn BCM.

regards,

·
Super Moderator
6,457 Posts
The Tech2 needs to be switched to 'Truck' option. Using the 'car/automobile' setting does not readily identify the Captiva which for some reason is contained in the 'Trucks' setting on my Tec2. I would have thought that your Chevrolet and Opel dealers would have been aware of this.
I would repeat that if the two main dealers Chevrolet & Opel cant do it then either wiring or the viability of your replacement BCM has to be questioned.

Reactions: borhan0089

·
Registered
664 Posts
GM Scan Tool 2 - Scan Tool Resource
Global Diagnostic System (GDS2) / MDI (Multiple Diagnostic Interface)

What’s in the Box?
  • MDI VCI with J1962 Cable (diagnostic link connector) and MDI to USB cable (PC connection)
  • MDI user manual is available for download here.
Overview
The GM MDI is the Global Diagnostic tool for future vehicles starting with Global A vehicles. It’s a compact communication module that manages the transfer of data between a vehicle’s onboard ECU network with an auxiliary CAN bus.
The GM MDI was introduced in the fall of 2007 for Pass-Thru programming and offers faster programming speed using J2534. Depending on vehicle architecture, the MDI can communicate 20% to 70% faster than the Tech 2. It can be used to perform Pass-Thru programming on all vehicles built since 1996 and into the future. Please note that there are other J2534 VCIs (vehicle communication interface) that will perform MDI functions utilizing GDS2 software.
Servicing the next generation Global A vehicles requires the diagnostic software, GDS2 (Global Diagnostic System 2) running on a local PC device while the MDI is connected to the vehicle.
The MDI connects to the vehicle via the J1962 connector using a DLC cable. Connection between the MDI and the PC can be accomplished via standalone (USB) or through (CAT5, or Wireless) networks.
Model Year Coverage
Reprogramming for 1996 – up vehicles
2010 Coverage
  • Chevrolet Camaro
  • Chevrolet Equinox
  • Buick Lacrosse
  • Cadillac SRX
  • GMC Terrian
Additional for 2011
  • Chevrolet Cruz
  • Chevrolet Volt
  • Buick Regal
Additional for 2012
  • Buick Verano
  • Chevrolet Sonic
  • Chevrolet Orlando
Additional for 2013
  • Cadillac ATS
  • Cadillac XTS
  • Chevrolet Malibu
  • Chevrolet Captiva
Tech2Win may be used for earlier backward compatibility for 96 up vehicles.
Tech2Win does not perform all functions of the Tech 2 hand held scan tool.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts