Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.
I have a 2009 captiva LTX diesel, the other day without warning my power steering stopped working without warning. To the point where it took all my strength to turn the steering wheel. Mobile mechanic has looked at it and is lost, he doesn't think its the pump etc. His diagnostic machine couldn't communicate with the power steering module? Any ideas or help would be gratefully accepted. Thanks

·
Registered
820 Posts
Use the search tool, there's literally several pages of queries about power steering.

Note: Earlier edict about constructive posts noted.

·
Super Moderator
7,112 Posts
First obvious thoughts are (i) fluid loss, (ii) belt failure (iii) pulley 'free wheeling' (sheared) on shaft.
What exactly does your mechanic mean by "he doesnt think" it is pump? Reasoning being ?
No mention of his comments on the usual three issues. Has he ruled those out, if so how?

Victors suggestion of using the Forum Back Index Search facilities is a starting point for other possibilities.

Metalmaniac, You were provided Guidance on using the Forum in November 2019 and how to use the Search function was mentioned in there along with how to complete your Sign-Up etc which you've left blank. This link is worth reading :- Helpful Guidance Using the Forum

1 - 3 of 3 Posts