Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings All,

I am an owner of an EMS service in the Cape Winelands and have had the pleasure of having the Spark as a response vehicle. An oversight recently cause the vehicle to overheat and crack the head. All I can say is RADIATOR FLUSH AT EVERY SERVICE. Insist on it at every service. I had 245000km on the clock and a pipe not being put back properly was the cause. Other than that have replaced the clutch at 200000km for the 1st time, a couple of bushes, and just did the shocks at 240000km, have replaced the clutch cable twice and replaced the plastic clutch pedal with a metal one just after 210000km. Modified water pump housing corroded pipe with brass pipe threaded in and 2 radiator bottles.

For a vehicle that works so hard due to my driving style, I am now looking at buying another lol

·
Super Moderator
7,992 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. The Following link has helpful information for new members.

·
Registered
T250 2dr. 1.2 lpg
528 Posts
Pleased to hear that you are getting a good long life from your car, makes mine with just 201,000 Km look like barely run in.

Flushing the cooling system every service seems a bit excessive to me though, I reckon on about 5 years life for the OEM coolant, I have noticed that a few of the rubber pipes/ hoses are looking a bit crusty though and will need changing soon.

I have had 1 new lower arm replacement due to bushing failure, and the other is creaking so is on the way out.

How long a clutch lasts is ALL about the driver, some people can destroy them in 20k, others 300k.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts