Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<table ="tableBorder" align="center" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" style="text-align: left; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-top-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; border-top-color: rgb204, 204, 204; border-right-color: rgb204, 204, 204; border-bottom-color: rgb204, 204, 204; border-left-color: rgb204, 204, 204; : rgb255, 255, 255; width: 954px; table-layout: fixed; "><t><tr ="msgOddTableRow" style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; : rgb251, 251, 253; height: 200px; min-height: 200px; "><td valign="top" ="msgLineDevider" style="border-top-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; border-top-color: rgb225, 227, 236; border-right-color: rgb225, 227, 236; border-bottom-color: rgb225, 227, 236; border-left-color: rgb225, 227, 236; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-top-width: 1px; "><div ="msg" style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; width: 805px; margin-top: 2px; margin-right: 2px; margin-bottom: 2px; margin-left: 2px; overflow-x: auto; overflow-y: auto; ">I'm Junno.

I have a 2007 Captiva VDI 2.0 diesel(4x2), my problem right now is that when we changed the battery,
we found out that the stereo locked, right now the casa(or chevrolet dealer) is very far from our place,is there ah quick fix for this?

Thanks, your help will be big for me,.

</td></tr></t></table>

·
Registered
997 Posts
There is no quick fix. The cars are supplied with the stereos unlocked as a default. The owner can choose a 4 digit code to lock the stereo when removed or when the battery is disconnected. Unless you have access to the previous owner or the code is written in the handbook, its probably a dealer only job. Sorry for the bad news.

Edited by: bigiainw

·
Registered
6 Posts
chevrolet codes are in the ecu and are not lost if the battery is disconnected. My battery failed and there was no problem when the dealer fitted a new battery. if in doubt phone chevrolet'

·
Registered
476 Posts
Minime, if you looked at bigiainw post carefully the default is no code required and you can swap the battery as many times as you like with no bother, but if somebody does put a code in [a previous owner]and ifyou do not know it, if the battery is then changed your up s--t creak.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts