Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi just wondering if any body having any problems getting a radio reception as mine on my captiva seems to be very poor and says pi search andwhen i get a signal and have the heated rear window on i get very bad interfrence any body got any ideas?

·
Registered
153 Posts
My only problem is getting a CD to play when the temperature is cold. The disc will not even eject until the temperature rises, however I can always get the radio to work. I sometimes think that the radio volume fades when I have the Sat Nav on. Does you car have Sat Nav?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi evo 370 no mine hasn't got sat nav the 6 disc cd works fines its just the dame radio its like its not tuned in never had a problem had the car 6 month now its very annoying i will either have to listen to the ipod or cds cheers

·
Registered
997 Posts
Reputedly it's about the rubbish arielwhich is built into the rear side glass. I've not had much issue with reception, but perhaps a proper roof mount ariel might be a good idea. A shark fin in body colour would look good.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Anthony, you're probably best catching him on Facebook via his profile, he's not been on here logged in for a couple of months.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Mate, wondered if you sorted your radio problem out. Have exact same issue, radio works ok on starting engine, but usually after a few mins loses reception. Sometimes, though not often, lasts a little longer before losing signal. I did notice that when getting my car washed the other week, (hand car wash) when the bloke opened the boot, the reception was lost or rather, I got interference, line when you turn heated rear window on! Maybe a loose connection somewhere ? Though don't think cables routed through boot door ?? As areal booster is in rear drivers side boot panel and areal is in the window above that. Also reception goes straight off when put rear heated screen on,

Thanks,

Gary.
Edited by: gaza923

1 - 10 of 10 Posts