Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I recently took my car to a car wash (I know bad idea) since then I have noticed that my passenger Footwell gets soaking wet every time it rains I have checked the drivers side and it's fine , i have tried sealing under the scuttle as well as water testing around the windscreen I have also removed the antenna aerial removed the interior light (not much damp found) and sealed around the rubber to stop any water getting into through the top and have also used radweld incase of any coolent leaks , the water is clean and odorless which is why I think it would be rain water.

I had taken the car to a garage to be checked they advised that it could need a replacement window (looking around £400) but other than that they water tested it again, as well as stripping it but couldn't find any solution to the leak.

Any advice as I don't want to fork out for a new windscreen if this is not needed thanks.

·
Super Moderator
7,144 Posts
Mikeone, There are previous posts on this Topic on file in the Forum which you can access using the Forum Search Index function. (see 'How to' below).
Typically here's one link :- Rain Water Leaking In Via Passenger Side Footwell

If indeed it is failed seal to the windscreen then professional resealing is probably the solution. However, there are numerous tapes and compounds listed on the internet plus instructions for owners to attempt resealing at a fraction of the price you mention. If you do give it a try at Self Repair let us know how you get on.

Good Luck.

Mike, as a new member there are a couple of courtesy tips to mention which will assist you and Forum Members.
Always state full details about your vehicle ie year, engine, variant, mileage etc. Sometimes this is crucial for correct answers; and complete your World location which you left blank on Sign-Up. (the Forum system is believing UK) you can correct this if it is incorrect . Other Useful tips on using the Forum can be read on this link :- Helpful Guidance Using the Forum (open fully to read it all).

·
Registered
35 Posts
mike I haven't had this problem with mine. However maybe you can trace the source of the leak but removing glove box and pulling back the passenger carpet. then stick sections of kitchen towel to exposed inner body work. Next rain event may then leave a trace where you can track back to the point of origin. may take several goes to zero in on it though.

just a suggestion...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just an update I sold the matiz however after much sobbing I couldnt part with it , so bought it back I'm going to try and save it as I love the car to bits thanks again!

·
Registered
35 Posts
they do become like the family pet...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts