Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
#Has anyone got a simple answer to why the car alarm is randomly going off today?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Were you parked near a wall today, if so it could be vehicles (mainly HGV's) with deep resonating exhausts setting it off, mine does that. Or have you had your boot cover rolled out today, that causes mine to go off sometimes. Might just need your internal sensor sensitivity reducing a little by the dealer.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Just because it can usually!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mine did the same thing Sunday night -- around 4 times.... Have had to turn it off. Unfortunately my model requires me to remember to switch it off each and every time. Wondered whether cooler temps or high humidity were causing it. Wish there were an obvious fuse to take out....
Edited by: JPC

·
Registered
476 Posts
JPC said:
Mine did the same thing Sunday night -- around 4 times....  Have had to turn it off.  Unfortunately my model requires me to remember to switch it off each and every time.  Wondered whether cooler temps or high humidity were causing it.  Wish there were an obvious fuse to take out....
Mine used to do it on a regular basis upsetting neighbours also if I left dogs in with back with the flap up had to remember to turn it off. So I took the sensor cover off [just clips out] and just pulled the plug out of the little black sensor unit, job done.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts