Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All Can anyone tell me why my rear screen washer stops workingevery so oftenplease? Actually it's stopped permanently now! The pump is running and I can hear water running somewhere!! I've dismantled the tailgate and untangled a kink in the tubing but that hasn't made any difference. Help?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hi Mark. Suggest you take the connector apart on the nearside front wing, just before the pipe dissappears under the car, and see if you get water out of there. If you do, your problem is between there and the rear screen. If you dont, the problem is between there and the pump. Once you get water out of the above connector, put a non return valve in there to stop the water draining back and being slow to reach the rear screen on switching on.

·
Registered
997 Posts
The other thing to watch is that the connector inside the headlining hasn't come apart and hasn't started to fill up the interior light console...

·
Registered
652 Posts
Had the pipe come off my rear wash a few times. The last was worse, as it was during the winter and I thought it was frozen. Found out later it was the pipe coming off and the water caused damage to the interior mirror. Luckily all done on warranty. Warranty has run out now, so hope it wont happen again

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found the washer tube was disconnected inside the headlining above the rearmost right window (behind rear offside passenger door). The rear window jet gets blocked and the pressure then blows the joint apart. It's working now - may try a different connector, or glue (might be tricky?), or fine wire (fuse wire?) as a makeshift jubilee clip.Thanks again everybody.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK now - plastic covered garden wire did jubilee-clip type of "proper-job" as we Cornish would say. [Actually I'm from Brum!]
My daugher's Corsa just failed its MOT because CV joint outer boot clip had fallen off. I'm told a jubilee clip will do the job?

Sorry everyone - utterly irrelevant. Have a good Easter break!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
This has happened twice to ours and both after the very cold snaps we have had. The dealer couldnt find the problem last time round and wanted to have it back in to remove the head lining. Is it fiddley to remove? Thinking of looking for the break myself.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Andrew - you can unclip the inside trim and headlining yourself (above righthand rear wheel) but I would do it in warm weather so you don't break any plastic clips. You'll find the washer tube has a 90 degree rubber connector (God knows why) which I just replaced with about 6cm of rubber tubing. Imade a sort-of-jubilee clip onthe tube over the connector with plastic covered wire. There's another connector in the top of the tailgate but so far that one has held. So far it has all held together!! Good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts