Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, if any one who had this experience before, On my Chevrolet Orlando 2.0lit diesel 2011 model
Rear tailgate switch,wiper motor, both side brake light, fog light and rear and front side lights Not working? as a technician my self, I try all the connection at rear found no broken wire all ok try to find the fuse for brake light and side lights but there isn't one on main fuse box in engine or glove compartment so I am a bit confuse brake and side light fitted with out fuse, could you help please if you know any think about the above fault

·
Super Moderator
7,292 Posts
Sam, This is a repeat/duplication (with different caption) of your earlier post which was incorrectly entered and I relocated it to the Orlando Forum where it belonged.

You mention just two locations for fuses. I've checked my 2012 copy of Orlando handbook (nearest year I have) and there is also mention of another location near the battery. " In a box above the positive terminal are some main fuses. If necessary have them changed by a workshop". Have you checked this location??
Because you have so many rear section electrical errors it may be one of these main fuses.

The other possible cause could be a defective earth with-in the rear end of the vehicle. Have you tried a temporary earth (a lead with a couple of crocodile clips) and experimented?

In your earlier incorrect post I did provide you with some Guidance on how to complete your Sign-Up and other useful information on using the Forum.
I've repeated it here so you can read it. Helpful Guidance Using the Forum

·
Registered
878 Posts
Pay attention to the points that Ed raised but I'd also add that the sidelights and brake lights (except for high level brake light) are controlled by the body control module (BCM) via the CANBUS system and the circuit performances are continuously monitored. The high level brake light is usually controlled separately as a safety measure.

Check ALL the BCM fuses (there’s probably quite a few of them).

Check all the wiring at the back of the car, especially where the loom passes through at the rear hatch, a known weak point on many cars.

Check to see if someone has fitted LED bulbs to some/all of the rear lights. Replace with standard bulbs if they have.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts