Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi allHas anyone ever had the Rear view mirror drop off the windscreen?? mine did this lastnight and then found out it was set into glass, Have been to Dealer as its under Warranty and been told Glass is not covered.
Car is a 59 plate Ex Demo so was owned by Chevrolet untill i purchased it back in October, Dealer is Emailing Chevy to see what they say as i did say it dont seem right, and of course if i use my insurance then i have to Pay £75 excess and buggers up my no claims .

Steve

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK heard Back from Dealer and there saying Chevrolet wont do anything as Cars over year Old Blah Blah, will need new windscreen which aint a stock item and is not available at autoglass and the like, so cant use insurance. this will cost me over £300 incl fitting.I am Awaiting a Call from Chevrolet as have rang them and told them i am not very happy at all and its not great customer service considering the Car was Owned by chevrolet before i purchased it.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Dear steve, or perhaps Lordpom, In defence of the dealer,it is easy to knock a rear view mirror without noticing, (I do it all the time but haven't knocked it off yet)perhaps the bonding agent has weakened, it can happen, many years ago when I worked in an opel dealers we has a batch of mirrors fall off. if you go to a volkswagen dealer or somesutch, the older vw's used a two sided adhesive patch (for the interior mirror)and we sucessfully used that on many occasions, cost at the time abour 40p and also was paid for under warranty for time spent. An alternative is to buy a lighter (weight) interior mirror and use the above patch. When my rear view drivers door mirror failed FRF chevrolet in swansea checked that there was no inpact damage before the replacement was fitted which was absolutely correct following warranty procedures.

Autoglass can probably bond the mirror to the screen for you for a small fee, have seen them used for many strange reasons with glass and perspex into frames for cars boats and anything that has awindow in it.

Also. please tell us the full story, is the windscreen broken or cracked? who is the dealer? Did you buy the car from them?
Invite Chevrolet to reply on this forum too.

Ps have an aveo lt and epica diesel, aveo tottally without problems, epica was ex chevrolet and that is the one that had initial problems due to a dealer not doing the pre sale checks, but as i remember a certain member of staff left??? Hmmmmm...

However after many years in the motor trade in parts, there is not much that amazes me.

Bernie Baeten

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Dealer is Bellingers in Wantage Oxfordshire and yes i Bought the car from them, it was and Ex Demo so previously Owned by Chevrolet. My Biggest thing is they have lied with the fact they say it needed a new windscreen and can only get one from them and theres a few weeks wait, i rang autoglass and could get one next day. the mirror is incased into windscreen so although windscreen is not cracked or broken it will be weak and could go at anytime. and although i never purchased the car untill october 2010 they are saying the glass part of the warranty has expired so have had to cover the whole that the mirror created with some cardboard so i dont see it and stick a suction fixed mirror on.This of course does not look Great and has ruined look of the car and at present i cant afford the 75 quid to get windscreen with insurance Excess.

Steve

·
Registered
380 Posts
Sadly, Chevrolet seem to be disinterested in dealer problems as far as customers are concerned. sadly too some dealers are not capable of doing their job properly, (see my comments on the epica forum about the pre delivery checks on my epica(Pentagon barnsley and sheffield)and a subsequent oil change done by Evans Halshaw where the wrong lubricant was used, At least Evans halshaw had the grace to apologise and refund me and i had the oil changed elsewhere for the correct grade, I am still waiting FIVE months on for a reply from Chevrolet in Luton. Again at least Pentagon recognised my problem. But they didn't have to makethree 60 mile round trips to get the mirror fixed or 2 more of the same to get the oil leak and the aircon fixed! Just to make you smile, i called asking about an epica the salesman said the car would be ready in 48 hours all prepared, and he choked when i said i wished they had done that for mine. the aveo is in london and despite it being an 09 it IS NOT serviced by chevrolet because I flatly do not trust the dealer closest to me (in London)to service it properly. It is serviced by a proper motor engineer who does his work properly. My next service will be the last one chevrolet will do on the epica, purely to maintain the warranty. Anything after 3 years it will go the way of my previous lacetti, when that started stuuttering, running slightly rough, fuel filter changed, fully serviced not ecu, not egr, no fault codesshown, traded it in, got above average price so acceptable. cars are ok, dealer support poor. The one ray of light down here in wales seems to be that FRF in swansea have given me impeccable service when i have used them since getting my epica. Touch Wood!

·
Registered
380 Posts
I have asked the forum moderators to ask chevrolet to provide a response to some of the issues brought up on the site, perhaps every member can write or e-mail chevrolet to give more feedback.
no reply yet. if uou send me a private message i will forward my e-mail to you.

keep us updated. bernie, carmarthen

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gave up totaly on the Mirror issue, never heared from watchdog or chevy, much as i hate to say it the suction mirror does the job on the whole. but people beware if you have a problem with your chevy dont expect customer service to care

·
Registered
380 Posts
Common theme seems to be that Chevrolet sales low, (in proportion to other GM brands at dealers) but higher proportion of problems with Chevrolet customer services and chevrolet warranty. maybe the marketing people need to speak to the aftersales people. Sad to say, because the epica is an excellent car, and the little aveo 1.4 lt is good too, but I will NOT be purchasing another GM product. (the previous lacetti was good till it hit 3 years old and nobody could stop it running rough)... Just gave up and traded it in...
Edited by: Oldroverboy

·
Registered
33 Posts
Lordpom, not sure how your mirror mounts
, but when i was at Merc and BMW we used to send customers to a windscreen centre and they would rebond it with a dab of screen sealant

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Bazza was put on with a bit of black mastic and then incased in Glass when it happened was told it was my fault it fell off and it would need a new screen lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts