Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
I am a new member so please be gentle! I have recently purchased an Orlando (11 Plate) and during a recent family holiday to Somerset (Longleat Safari Park) I made the mistake of driving through the monkey enclosure! The little buggers were all over the car and one of them decided to remove my rear washer jet!

I have purchased a replacement part from my local Halfords which was only a couple of quid and want to fit it myself but I am now becoming quite frustrated at how I am actually supposed to access this area (just above the rear 3rd brake light). I have opened the boot and tried all manner of methods but there does not seem to be anyway of releasing the inner trim and it appears to be simply slotted in together in pieces and don't want to break anything!

Any help on how I can progress would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Dan.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello All,
I am a new member so please be gentle! I have recently purchased an Orlando (11 Plate) and during a recent family holiday to Somerset (Longleat Safari Park) I made the mistake of driving through the monkey enclosure! The little buggers were all over the car and one of them decided to remove my rear washer jet!

I have purchased a replacement part from my local Halfords which was only a couple of quid and want to fit it myself but I am now becoming quite frustrated at how I am actually supposed to access this area (just above the rear 3rd brake light). I have opened the boot and tried all manner of methods but there does not seem to be anyway of releasing the inner trim and it appears to be simply slotted in together in pieces and don't want to break anything!

Any help on how I can progress would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Dan.
hi i have the same problem did you resolve the issue if so can you let me know how to access this area as my jet has stopped working \

·
Super Moderator
7,144 Posts
hi i have the same problem did you resolve the issue if so can you let me know how to access this area as my jet has stopped working \

VW, The original post is now almost 6 years old and member Honeybad is no longer identified by the system so I suspect he has 'moved on'?
Have you established that it isnt the pump or the switch. If the Orlando is like the Captiva then there are two pumps. Listen to hear if it is working.
It is not unknown for the feed hose to the rear to blow a connector in the trunk door void. Check to make sure there is no screen wash leaking into the lower trunk floor area or bottom of inner door.

As a new Forum Member the following link has several helpful tips. In particular to complete your World location in Sign-Up and add vehicle details to your Signature Footer or the Left Data pane. This enables other forum members next time you post and saves you repeating it every time.
Helpful Guidance Using the Forum

1 - 3 of 3 Posts