Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Saw a post in 2018 regarding this matter. Is there any videos showing how to locate and reattach rear windscreen washer pipe? Pump all working as fluid coming out from rear of vehicle. Just need some guidance to access it.
Many thanks!

·
Super Moderator
7,865 Posts
You describe fluid coming from rear of vehicle but dont describe whether it is from the bottom of the tailgate or if it is collecting in the spare wheel well? It depends where the washer pipe has become disconnected. The usual location is the joiner hose link piece which is located along head lining near to the top of tailgate. The alternative is if disconnection is from the tailgate jet then access is via the top of tailgate lining. You may have to explore both locations.
I do not recall a Captiva specific video of this topic being on this Forum but you can explore the internet for a possible video.
There are several existing discussions on this topic on this Forum. The Advanced Search tool will assist you find them.

The following is an example:- rear screen washer pipe

The entire listing is here :- Search results for query: Rear screen washer hose leak

You didnt complete your Sign-Up. World location was left blank (the Forum System believes you may be in UK?). Full vehicle details can be entered in the designated section. How to use the Forum, complete Sign-Up and the Advanced Search function is explained on the following link:-

Reactions: hansmadlener

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bottom of tailgate. Saw 2018 advice and he nailed it. He loaded pics but can't see axactly how he removed lining and panel to find it. Searched online but can't find videos for this.

·
Registered
951 Posts
One of those threads Aussie Ed referred you to has a couple of photos, I believe you have to remove the lower trim panel first.

If you don't have any experience in removing trim panels, you may find it a bit daunting at first but best advice is to search around carefully for any screws (or little blanking plugs that may be covering screw heads) and unscrew them then get stuck into popping the panels off. You need to get a set of trim removal tools, they're cheap enough and essential really. You might snap off a couple of fasteners but most body shops have boxes of them and will sell you some.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Hansmadlener, the Chevrolet manual found in Forums>General Message Area>Main Message Centre includes the 2009 Captiva.

-Section 9S WIPERS/WASHER SYSTEMS (scroll way down the list, once you've opened the manual to your car) has instructions on trim removal. They call it "Liftgate Lower Trim" and, I believe, the other part you might need to look at is called the "Liftgate Window Upper Garnish Molding".

It seems to me the trim is held on with some screws and a lot of "push clip" tabs to aid quick assembly. Pulling these off is usually a matter of confidence and using some kind of levering tool that won't damage paint. When you've got one end lifted it becomes easier to unclip the rest.

-Section 9D WIPER/WASHER SYSTEMS has some pictures of the components once the trim is removed, although I didn't see anything specifically about the washer hoses. (Below picture is for rear wiper motor removal).

Organism Font Motor vehicle Rectangle Art

I'm not familiar with your car so can't advise much but have a look at the manual for yourself.

·
Registered
143 Posts
My advice is to take a look at the point where the hose passes from the body to the trunk lid. It is in one of the 2 black rubber hoses that are in the upper part of the trunk lid.

Reactions: hansmadlener
1 - 6 of 6 Posts