Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone suggest an alternative make for my 2007 Chevrolet Captiva LTX rear Wiper blade ? main dealer doesnt seem to have any more

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thankyou, I have since posting to the forum, been told this exact part by my local parts store

·
Super Moderator
6,531 Posts
Careful when removing the old one. They can be 'stubborn' to remove so be careful not to damage the boss/arm.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers for the reply Ed, how could the arm be damaged ? in what way exactly ? I was in a garage and they tried to fit what turned out to be the wrong one x 2, not the one mentoned above, the little bar in the middle of the wiper was too thick on one, and another it was thin and wouldnt stay in, im not sure in saying this, but when they put back my original it didnt seem to fit up inside the arm properly, am I right to say it should go completely up inside the arm ?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Chevyguy the Bosch H308 should be the right part. That is what I have on mine.
Could you possibly take a picture of yours inside the arm to compare with mine ?

·
Super Moderator
6,531 Posts
Cheers for the reply Ed, how could the arm be damaged ? in what way exactly ? I was in a garage and they tried to fit what turned out to be the wrong one x 2, not the one mentoned above, the little bar in the middle of the wiper was too thick on one, and another it was thin and wouldnt stay in, im not sure in saying this, but when they put back my original it didnt seem to fit up inside the arm properly, am I right to say it should go completely up inside the arm ?
Chevy, I no longer have my Captiva but I recall attempting to replace the blade and it simply wouldnt budge. I remembered thinking 'I'm going to end up breaking something here' and decided to leave it for another day. It didnt get done and when I sold the vehicle I just gave that spare blade to the new owner.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Chevyguy it is a tight fit. The picture shows it clipped in between the two metal tangs. It is a simple push fit but care is needed when taking out the old one.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Chevyguy it is a tight fit. The picture shows it clipped in between the two metal tangs. It is a simple push fit but care is needed when taking out the old one.
Thanks for your reply, I bought as you suggested and took it to a local garage and they did for me, so thanks for your help and the picture.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Just adding for future searchers - and those here who may need to do this again. I had to replace mine a few months ago and it was a pig. A little WD-40 and a short time to soak-in and out she popped.

Jonty.

Reactions: Aussie Ed
1 - 10 of 10 Posts