Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most of you are probably aware of this WORLDWIDE recall on the Chevrolet Captiva and all of its GM sisters, but if not dont take any chances. Contact your Chevrolet dealer and ensure that your car has been corrected....

http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/searches/expand.asp?uniqueID=B57B6A193F389EEF802576AA002EC4D5&freeText=Blank&tx=

I did, and luckily mine was corrected. But if you didnt buy it brand new, how can you be sure that your has been. If the recall went to the original owner, how do you know he didnt simply bin it as he didnt have the car now.....

Be Safe NOT Sorry....

Regards

Kevin

·
Registered
32 Posts
When buying a secondhand car always ask the manufacturer (via the dealer normally) to provide a statement that all recalls have been undertaken. When we did this on our then 5 year old Laguna, renault were happy to re-underseal our car as the record showed it had never been done as per the recall.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The VOSA seems to say it only applies to vehicles made between june 2006 and end of 2007. I assume I an understanding this correctly?

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, but it is always worth checking with Chevrolet UK, as you may have a 2008 car (like I do) but when did that come off the production line ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well, I heard the news abouttwo of the Korean-made vehicles in Australia suffered loss of
steering control, with one vehicle being involved in a low-speed
accident. I automatically bring it to my dealer and correct. Its sad just the steering wheel, a carpart that maneuver our life can also get us killed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts