Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, Just had first service and dealer mentioned there was a recall. I asked if it was the brake recall (Dot3 to Dot4) to which he advised no - it was to the traction control management settings (Recall TC363 TCM update). Has anyone else had this recall and if so how far back does the recall go - is it only 2011/2012 models?
I cant say that I have noticed any difference in handling or anything else but at least it was done. It was reassuring that this dealer (new to my custom) was sufficiently 'on the ball' to automatically include this work. Might be worth asking your dealer if your model needs this update.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Not had any letterabout this yet. Is it something I need to phone the dealer about or will they tackle it at the next service, or do I just wait for a letter, and assume if I don't get one it doesn't include my particular car?

·
Super Moderator
7,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JBG, Dont know the answers to your questions so cant say. This came out of the blue to me and appeared to be an inclusion with the 'service' (I have 3 year service deal). I didnt get letter or phone call, they just told me once I got there. Might be worth a phone call or pop in to your local dealer and sound him out to see if applies to your vehicle. Just thought it would help everyone to know that there is such a recall but doesnt seem to be urgent; more like a service tweak I think.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Not heard of this one and apparently not relevant to my 2008- no pop up on the dealer's screen when booked in for the brake recallso perhaps it is just for the Mk2 models. My car is at the dealer currently for the brake recall, so I'll ask when they call tomorrow and post the result.
Edited by: bigiainw

1 - 5 of 5 Posts