Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I am a new member having had newLacetti 1.4 SE for about 6 weeks now. Handbook was missing when I collected it from the dealer (I phoned later on to report this) but have managed to figuremost thingsout which was easy even for ONE CAREFUL LADY OWNER (ME!) except forone function on the remote key. Unlock and lock is obvious but couldn't work out what the 3rd buttondid. Handbook arrived the other day and all it says is it is a PARKING button but doesn't explain anything! If you press it and hold momentarilyall four indicators flash for about 28 seconds (seems like 28 minutes!) but still don't know what this does!

I know it has an engine immobilser -thought maybe the LOCK function did this butnot sure. Does the PARKING function enable the immobiliser??

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello, I too was curious to see what that button was for, so I asked around. I have now managed to find out that it's a parking light, and called this because if you're parked at night, or in a car park with loads of other cars, pressing the button will flash your lights quickly, and for an extended duration, to allow you to see / find where your car is hiding.

I really don't think it is for anything else.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply. Yours is the first so while I was waiting, I emailed Chevrolet Customer Services and this was their reply as to the function. Indicator lights flash for 28 seconds to enable you to locate your car! Would be useful I suppose if you went out a lot at night and parked in a lot ofbig car parks (and often forgot where) but since I don't Iwon't beusing it very often! Would have preferred something like remote boot release - bit more useful!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I know this is years old but unanswered, so I'm posting as it might help someone

It is meant to help you find your car in a car park, especially at night.

That's it as far as I can tell!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Lacetti_Dan said:
I know this is years old but unanswered, so I'm posting as it might help someone 

It is meant to help you find your car in a car park, especially at night.

That's it as far as I can tell!
Mines easy to find in a car park, as it seems to be the only Lacetti in the Northeast!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hehe!

I'm in the South and they are not exactly commonplace around here either!

As far as I can see, almost all of them are silver estate models driven by the more mature driver...

What does that say about me?!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the replies, which might still be useful to others, but I no longer own this car. Sold it last year. I might add it wasn't a remarkable car but in 7 years it never let me down!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts