Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am going to polish my captiva again this week, and paint the bottom plastic covers and wheel arches since they are really faded.
But how or they on there? Mostly the door bits, the wheel arches are bolted and clipped, the bits on the doors are just on there with the clips?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hello,
I am going to polish my captiva again this week, and paint the bottom plastic covers and wheel arches since they are really faded.
But how or they on there? Mostly the door bits, the wheel arches are bolted and clipped, the bits on the doors are just on there with the clips?
Why go to all the trouble of removing them and risk breaking all the fasteners. I painted all mine on the car. Just take a bit of time to mask out properly and make sure you clean them first to remove all traces of old polish. It`s quick and easy and the results are tremendous. I did post some pics of mine last year, if you can find them, have a look. Good luck, Howard.

·
Super Moderator
6,340 Posts
Deebo, I was just about to advise how Member Topman painted his trim and he has just replied ahead of me.
You'll find previous posts by using the Forum Search Tool.
I've done the link for you here:-

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, it was just a thought because i have to mask twice now, before polishing, and before painting :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts