Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Chevrolet Captiva, 2008 year, 2.0 Diesel (150HP), 4x4, manual
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning,
I would like to ask about Chevrolet Captiva 2.0 diesel, 4x4, manual (year 2008), could I replace gearbox 5-gears to 6-gears ?
I mean a gearbox of Chevrolet Captiva 2.2 diesel,4x4 , also It's manual transmission. I heard, that it's possible, but I haven't contact to human, who did it.
Supposedly enough do flange between engine and new gearbox, change clutch ,piston release, velocity sensor and gear shift mechanism (lever) .
What do you think about this? How much can it cost?

·
Registered
857 Posts
I've never heard of it being done on the Captiva / Antara but there's a video on youtube about doing an F40 conversion on a Chevrolet Cobalt whihc had the F35 transmission

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've never heard of it being done on the Captiva / Antara but there's a video on youtube about doing an F40 conversion on a Chevrolet Cobalt whihc had the F35 transmission
Shift gear mechanism is very similar like in Captiva. He changed the driveshafts and gearbox mount. I will seek more information about need parts on the partsouq.com .
I' m sure already that, a starter is with other side.

·
Super Moderator
7,219 Posts
Good morning,
I would like to ask about Chevrolet Captiva 2.0 diesel, 4x4, manual (year 2008), could I replace gearbox 5-gears to 6-gears ?
I mean a gearbox of Chevrolet Captiva 2.2 diesel,4x4 , also It's manual transmission. I heard, that it's possible, but I haven't contact to human, who did it.
Supposedly enough do flange between engine and new gearbox, change clutch ,piston release, velocity sensor and gear shift mechanism (lever) .
What do you think about this? How much can it cost?

DSZ, You dont explain whether your existing 5 speed gear box has failed and must be replaced, or whether you are simply wanting to change it?
If the latter I dont think there is much difference in final output ratio so probably not worth attempting. As for cost..... the answer is how long is a piece of string!?
On a 2008 year vehicle the cost is likely to be more than the vehicle is worth.

As a new member the following link will assist you on how to complete your Sign-Up (your World Location was left 'blank'. The Forum system thinks you might be Belarus??) . You can also complete your Vehicle data either in Footer or the lefthand data pane.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DSZ, You dont explain whether your existing 5 speed gear box has failed and must be replaced, or whether you are simply wanting to change it?
If the latter I dont think there is much difference in final output ratio so probably not worth attempting. As for cost..... the answer is how long is a piece of string!?
On a 2008 year vehicle the cost is likely to be more than the vehicle is worth.

As a new member the following link will assist you on how to complete your Sign-Up (your World Location was left 'blank'. The Forum system thinks you might be Belarus??) . You can also complete your Vehicle data either in Footer or the lefthand data pane.
Aussie Ed,
My current gerabox (5-gears) is failed. That's why I want to replace to a gearbox 6-gears.
I did in this car car body maintenance, suspension, electrics, exhaust system, injector regeneration, CR high pressure pump, turbocharger regeneration, brakes, flywheel with clutch, air conditioning compressor, fuel lines.I'm not going to sell this car. I'll drive it until it hits him, beacause I think, that I exceeded value of car.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Shift gear mechanism is very similar like in Captiva. He changed the driveshafts and gearbox mount. I will seek more information about need parts on the partsouq.com .

I' m sure already that, a starter is with other side.
Correct, the starter is located on the opposite side but the bigger difference is in the bell housing bolts, they are different between the 5 spd and the 6 spd. To get a 6 spd F40 box to mate with the 2 litre engine you would need to find out if the bell houisngs themselves are interchangeable between the two gearboxes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Correct, the starter is located on the opposite side but the bigger difference is in the bell housing bolts, they are different between the 5 spd and the 6 spd. To get a 6 spd F40 box to mate with the 2 litre engine you would need to find out if the bell houisngs themselves are interchangeable between the two gearboxes.
Bell housings have different spacing of holes for fastening bolts. I will have to make special first flange between engine and gearbox to tighten with screws ,second flange between flywheel and crankshaft to little move flywheel to gearbox, when first flange will mounted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts