Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello people,

What is the correct procedure for putting on a new fuel filter. I guess the fuel filter on our Matiz is about 15 years old 馃槄

First taking out the fuse of the fuel pump? Letting the engine run till it stops. Replacing the filter, fuse back in and ready?

Thanks

Super Moderator
Abi, The Forum Search Index is an important tool in your use of this Forum. (refer the Helpful Tips link I provided).
Go to the three white dots top right in black header bar. Select Advanced Search. Type in 'Fuel Filter' (leave member name blank). Select Matiz. Plenty to read.
In particular follow this link :- Fuel filter and read the potential problems with the clips breaking and the grounding strap.

Reactions: Abi

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Aussie Ed. I have read that link with the broken clips. That is not making me happy. If the mine will brake too, I will have a problem because I cannot 3D print them and the car will be stuck. Mmm I have to think about it.

Super Moderator
Thanks Aussie Ed. I have read that link with the broken clips. That is not making me happy. If the mine will brake too, I will have a problem because I cannot 3D print them and the car will be stuck. Mmm I have to think about it.
I thought it important for you to consider this potential problem hence the reason I guided you to that previous link and the difficulties experienced by others. Maybe the clips are available on the internet. If so having replacements available before commencing this task would be very prudent.

Addition: I've just quickly looked and these clips (various) are available.
ie 2PCS Automotive fuel filter tubing snap clip for Chevrolet new Sail Cruze LOVA Aveo Epica plastic fasteners|plastic fasteners|clips automotiveautomotive clips - AliExpress

Registered
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I thought it important for you to consider this potential problem hence the reason I guided you to that previous link and the difficulties experienced by others. Maybe the clips are available on the internet. If so having replacements available before commencing this task would be very prudent.

Addition: I've just quickly looked and these clips (various) are available.
ie 2PCS Automotive fuel filter tubing snap clip for Chevrolet new Sail Cruze LOVA Aveo Epica plastic fasteners|plastic fasteners|clips automotiveautomotive clips - AliExpress
You are absolutely right. I will buy some clips and have them ready in case they break. Two of those simple little worthless clips will give you a very hard time if you don't have them ready. Thanks for the link and efforts.

Registered
Abi,

I still have the stl files so can run you off a couple if you like. However as Aussie ed highlighted these are not the "official' version so therefore you use them entirely at your own risk. I would also recommend use of cable clips as a belt and braces measure. I did feel them "click" into place but never hurts to have insurance against failure.

PM me your address info if interested.

Reactions: Abi and Aussie Ed

Registered
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I still have the stl files so can run you off a couple if you like. However as Aussie ed highlighted these are not the "official' version so therefore you use them entirely at your own risk. I would also recommend use of cable clips as a belt and braces measure. I did feel them "click" into place but never hurts to have insurance against failure.

PM me your address info if interested.
Thanks for the kind gesture Wilkinsm. Unfortunately I have no 3D printer nor do I know anyone who has it. I think I have to measure the exact size of these clips used on our Matiz and order them from Aliexpress. I haven't had the time to do it. But will do it in very near future.

Greetings

Registered

Registered
As a 'patch' solution, the broken clips can be held together with zip ties, on mine I had this done by the mechanic on the first fuel filter replacement, because the clips snapped on the first touch. Since then i've changed the filter several times and every time the zip ties were put on place.

Registered
Over engineering the fix; ratchet clips or good quality cable ties are what I used and it didn't fail for 2 years before I got rid of the matiz.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts