Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

We've just bought a used 2008 LTX and are looking to replace the head unit with a all-in-one GPS/DVD/multimedia/etc unit.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience of installing these themselves and if there are any complications which make the cost of a professional install worthwhile. e.g. I'm assuming I would need to install a GPS aerial and route the cable between that and the back of the head unit.

Also, if I was to install rear monitors at some point in the future, how easy is it to route the cables to the head unit and power supply in the LTX?

Also, anyone have any recommendations - GPS and multimedia (mostly audio, but maybe sometimes video) playback from SD cards or USB memory sticks are two main features (in addition to FM radio). I wouldn't even need CD/DVD capabilities, but everyone still seems to include it...

Thanks,

Dave.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Dave, cant help with your query but I have one Im hoping you may help me with. I bought a Captiva LTX from new (2008). My oil light has been on for two weeks. Have been to a mechanic with it but he hasn't a clue how to turn it off. My oil level is fine, and had a service in July. Ive seen a few posts that says to press the throttle 3 times in five minutes then turn off the ignition and this should turn the light off but it hasn't worked. Im assuming the throttle is the accelerator!!

Sue

·
Registered
997 Posts
Sue- it's 3 times in 10 seconds with the ignition on so all the dash lights are lit up to reset the light. You might want to check the state of the oil first though as it might be full of diesel and need to be changed, particularly if you do alot of short journeys. The easiest way to do this is to drop a spot of ouil onto some kitchen paper- if you get a translucent ring around the oil spot, that's the diesel and the oil needs changed- I suspect however that the light has simply not been reset when the service was carried out. If you've done 10k or above since the service, I'd change the oil anyway, just to be sure.

Iain

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Iain
It didnt work unfortunately and I checked the oil on the tissue and there is no diesel present by the looks of it. I only do atleast 6k miles a year but alot of short journeys. Looks klike I may have to book it into a dealer. Thanks anyway

Sue

·
Registered
997 Posts
It definately does work Sue- if it's just the light that needs reset- because I've done it myself, so I think that you're right- it may need a dealer's attention.

Update- Just checked and it's depress the throttle to the floor 4 times in 10 secs- see if that makes a difference Sue! I have no excuse, I'm just getting on a bit.
Edited by: bigiainw

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Iain

Great news, I pressed the throttle 3 times very slowly each time within 10 seconds this morning when leaving for work and eh presto it worked. The apanner and oil light didnt come on. So thanks.

It definitely does work as you said

Sue

·
Registered
997 Posts
Glad it worked for you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts