Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I have drained the fluid by loosening the hose that is connected between the pump and the reservoir. Turned the wheels to max right and left and a lot of old fluid came out. Connected the hose back and filled the reservoir. I have started the engine and idled for a minute or 2 with turning the wheels again to right and left. It took some fluid in and I topped the fluid. But the pump makes a strange noise. I guess there is air left in the system. How can I get all the air out? Haven't used the car because of fear of destroying the pump.

I think I loosend up the supply hose instead of the return hose..
:cautious:

Chevrolet Matiz from 2005 with the 3 cilinder 0.8 engine

Thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
Abi - cant see an "air bleed" procedure in the manual. here is the diagnostics bit might help you out...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Abi - cant see an "air bleed" procedure in the manual. here is the diagnostics bit might help you out...

View attachment 1565
Thanks for the reply Wilkinsm,

I found out that the procedure is as follows:

engine off, both front wheels jacked up and then turning the wheels 20x or more max left to max right with reservoir open so air can escape. Filling reservoir in between. After this starting the engine and then again a few times wheels max left to max right. This pumps all the air out of the system and the pump won't make any noises.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts