Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a Captiva 2013, 2.2 diesel which has done @ 35K miles.

The service light has come on (orange car shaped light with a spanner), and I had the car serviced recently.

I wondering how to reset this light, is there a sequence of buttons or something to reset it?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
193 Posts
Turn ignition on but don't start it & then press accelerator 3 times.
Your light will then go out.
Turn ignition off and then your done

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply.. turns out the light was on in relation to a fault with one of the injectors - I'm having it replaced next week

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi mate did this on my car but no change service light still on my car is manual Captiva LT VCDI any advice welcome

·
Super Moderator
6,701 Posts
Hi mate did this on my car but no change service light still on my car is manual Captiva LT VCDI any advice welcome
Rattler, You need to inform Forum Members the variant of your Captiva ie Series 1 or Series 2. (year?) Some later models are only resettable using dealer equipment.
If you've just had a Service by a Mechanic he should have done this.
Note that the 'Spanner' icon can be illuminated for other mechanical reasons which may require investigation.

You can use the Forum Search function to read up previous discussions on this Topic.

·
Super Moderator
6,701 Posts
Okay Buddy. Your post is now where it needs to be. The link I've provided will give you previous similar discussions which may resolve your issue.
Previous links to Captiva discussions on this topic can be found here:-

What you also need to do is complete your Signature Footer with all your vehicle info. The 'Helpful Guidance' link explains how to do this.
The system is identifying you as in UK but you didnt complete 'Location' in your Sign-Up. You can correct/update this also explained in the Help link here:-

·
Super Moderator
6,701 Posts
Rattler, I've just seen you have opened yet another post when it could have been added to the existing Topic.
To maintain continuity I've copied you post to here and closed the other one.

"My car has just had a service and now the service light has come on the orange car with a spanner inside the shape, Can this be reset by myself or is it a tech job .

if a simple job perhaps I could sort myself or do I take it back to the garage ? would a full diagnostic scan show up other issues

Furthermore is this an indication of further issues with the car?

Many thanks in anticipation"

·
Super Moderator
6,701 Posts
In light of your explanation that your vehicle has just had a service take it back to them.
If the service light wasnt illuminated before the Service they may have not correctly actioned the reset.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts