Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have just bought a Captiva LTX which is 2 years old (58 plate). I noticed this morning that the tailgate is rusting and blistering at the corners of the chrome handle. Has anyone else experienced this?

Any advice on how to deal with this under thewarrantywould be appreciated.

Axel

·
Registered
997 Posts
It's a known issue- a number of forum members including myself have this problem. There is a modified handle that is fitted to later models. Contact your local dewaler and Chevy cuistomer servce, let them know that you know it's a common fault and take it from there. A number of members have had this resolved under the anti-corrosion waranty, with lasts for 6 years. Haven't had mine looked at yet due to the weather.

Hope this helps

Iain

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Iain,

Yes, I found the other threads on theforum after I had posted mine. Note that several members think it is a three year warranty, but now having read the warranty it is clearthat this should be covered under thesix year anti-corrosion warranty.

Does anyone know if they fit the modified handle when they dothe repair? Also what is the position with a courtesy car while the car is in for repair?

Axel

1 - 3 of 3 Posts