Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I thought I would start a new post as the original one is now quite long.

Same problem with therusty tail gate at the corners of the handle, 58 LTX. Booked in this week and repaired at a local body shop, appointedand authorised by Chevrolet. Repair looks great and like brand new, metalic paint is a perfect match.

My daughter in law who worked for Mercedes for donkey years, tells me that the warranrty, for the tail gate only, will now be reduced from the six years to the local paint warranty of say 12 months from now as that is what happened at Mercedes with lots of unhappy customers. I cannot believe or accept this. This is not a respray of an accident damaged panel, but the rectification of a design defect,authorised and paid for by Chevrolet and they cannot invalidate the originalsix year rust warranty because they chose to do a local repair rather than replace the whole tail gate with a factory paint job. The car is only two years old. Any comments would be appreciated.

Axel

·
Registered
476 Posts
Just check what Warranty for definitethe repair company gives, the last insurance bodywork I had done they gave me 4 years which I don't think is unusual, and not too bad.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had a 57 plate LT and rust appeared on the back door in the same place, we got it fixed but bought a 10 plate LTZ in August and it has now appeared on this one. I took it to the dealers 6 weeks ago and have heard nothing since. Its a really poor show

·
Registered
997 Posts
I have the same issue which is due tobe fixed shortly. My contacvt at the dealer tells me that the dealers no longer have to contact Chevrolet about this issue, they are able to simply proceed with the repair on their own volition, so it may be that they are simply waiting for you to book the car in and presuming that they have told you this (as my dealer did!)

·
Registered
380 Posts
And to state the blindingly obvious, Have you asked the Chevrolet dealer for written confirmation? The fact that a repair has been carried out in the warranty period IF IT HAS BEEN CARRIED OUT TO MANUFACTURER SPECIFICATIONS in NO WAY invalidates the original warranty. if in doubt e-mail chevrolet, but have the courtesy to ask the dealer. You are obviously satisfied with the repair, so thanks to the dealer and chevrolet would not be out of order.

Happy motoring,

·
Registered
12 Posts
Rang THEM yesterday and its booked in for 23rd . There seems to be no urgency though. Do you think customer service is crap for everything in this country

·
Registered
12 Posts
Update: The dealer has fixed the rust but has placed a rubber seal between the door and the silver light holder. The rubber seal is starting topull away already. I went back Saturday and it needs fixing...again!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
This obviously must be a common problem on the captiva, I have a 59 plate LTX and also have two rust spots on the tail gate, one just at the corner of the chrome trim and another spot above the number plate. I have contacted mylocal dealer and sent photos in by mail as they do not comunicate with customers by e-mail which I thought was really poor considering the digital age we live in, anyway that was 2 months ago and I am still waiting for this to be repaired and have called twice, they said they were waiting approval from Chevrolet so would be good if someone could confirm that they no longer need authorisation to carry out this type of repair so I can call them back as feel this is poor service.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Amazing, just recieved a phone call today from our local dealer, telling me that he is working on getting myCaptiva booked in for repair very soon, its as if they have been reading this forum..weird

1 - 9 of 9 Posts