Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there ive been through quite a few posts regading the navigation system in the captiva i personally find it ok not great but workable.I was wondering if there is a disc or sd card that you can get without having to go to main dealer to update.
I have a 2010 LTZ and am sure that the maps on it are 2010 maps as some road changes in my area are not on.
Thanks
For any advice
Andy

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Andy

I was directed by Chevrolet UK to http://update-request.com/index.phpto get an update, unfortunately the latest update listed is July 2012 for 99 euros, but I have not been able to purchase this as it fails at the pay-pal checkout,S & T Motive don't respond to any emails, and Chevrolet UK say that is the only way to get an update, and cant even tell me whatversion the July 2012 version is.

Not sure if anyone else has been able to get a copy of this SD card.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Had a look at that site and started searching the company, next thing you know I am looking at Korean built firearms, I'mprobably on some government watchlist now :D
Edited by: sandys

·
Registered
18 Posts
Had a FREE software update done at the dealers in Liverpool yesterday, was told it was on a recall list, and Ithought it was just a software update, But the maps build is now 13th March 2013 & data 1st march 2012, still not right up to date, but better for free, so maybe worth a visit to your local dealer as its supposed to be a recall update !

·
Registered
47 Posts
DYO5COM said:
Had a FREE software update done at the dealers in Liverpool yesterday, was told it was on a recall list, and I thought it was just a software update, But the maps build is now 13th March 2013 & data 1st march 2012, still not right up to date, but better for free, so maybe worth a visit to your local dealer as its supposed to be a recall update !

I only got my captiva today, but I was wondering how you get the climate control settings to show on the bottom of the screen? They are not shown on mine at the moment. Edit - found the auto button and it is on now...Edited by: goldeneye243

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Guys thanks for the response sorry i haven't been able to reply sooner a few health problems and family etc.Thanks for the advice i only have 2010 ltz and been to main dealers and have been told the new recall update may not work on my system.
They have said that they can update it and are waiting on the discs or sd cards????
Can this be true surly they all run off the same software even if the dash looks sightly different on the new model ????
Thanks guys
Andy

·
Registered
89 Posts
Interesting.....

I thought the last time I had my Sat Nav upgraded was not long after I bought the car last May.

However my versions seem newer than yours!!

·
Registered
180 Posts
I had my Sat Nav screen replaced twice earlier this year due to faults (touch stopped working), and the software installed with the replacement screen was:

So the same asGadgetnutter, but slightly higher GPS version.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi guys,

I had my update done yesterday (fri 18th) but I am showing the same details as DY05COM as shown above in his post. I posted my situation Here... so please have a look and leave any advice if you can.
Thanks.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Can anyone advise?
Looking at the latest versions on the posts above, would they be applicable to a 2011 Captiva LTZ, or are those versions specifically for the newer models. If they do differ, can anyone inform me of what the actual latest version would be for the 2011 car.

I ask as I'm still trying to get to the bottom of the sd card issue I'm having with Arnold Clark.

Cheers.
Kenny.

·
Super Moderator
6,531 Posts
Kenny, There seem to have been so many variants I.m not sure whether anyone (dealer or owners) really know any more!As this has been dragging on for so long without a definitive resolution, my only suggestion now is to lodge a complaint with Motor Codes and get them to sort it out.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thanks Ed.
I've had an email from Arnold Clark complaints dept stating they have been in contact with Chevrolet UK in order of finding out what the latest version for my car would be.
They have given me details of the latest update which states the following.

<ul>[*]Nav S/W - V2.0-Build 130313 [*]Map data - V2.0-Build 120301[/list]

The info above is the same asthe info I get from my car but the following systeminfo differs:
Red is the latest from Chevy, the black is from my car.
<ul>[*]H/W 3.01 CDaE H/W 0.24CDaE[*]S/W 3.04SS/W 0.76S[*]O/S 2.02O/S 0.25[*]GPS 1.01 GPS 1.01[/list]Does it matter that these system info numbers differ?

Cheers.

Kenny.

Edited by: K3nny

·
Super Moderator
6,531 Posts
Hi Kenny, change of system info would indicate several levels of upgrade have taken place ....or.. it's not comparing like for like and mistaking which system you have.If there are system updates I would urge your dealer to get those updates installed.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Not sure I follow you Ed.........are you saying I should be looking at the dealer carrying out a system update, as well as the nav update?
Am I correct in assuming these 2 updates are independent of one and other?

·
Super Moderator
6,531 Posts
Yes & Yes. The operational system programme is totally separate from the GPS map upgrades.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had them update mine free of charge when it went in for a service a few months ago..and here is what i have;
Navigation;
Software version:V2.0-Build130313
Map Data Version:V2.0-Build120301

System information;
H/W:0.24CDaE
S/W:0.76S
O/S:0.25
GPS:1.02.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yet another update:
Due to all the nonsense I've endured regarding this issue I escalated it to a formal complaint. Finally now I seem to be getting somewhere albeit I will not be receiving an SD card, instead they (Arnold Clark)have upon the advice of Chevrolet UK confirmed they will be replacing the entire sat nav system in my car as according to Chevy it has been declared faulty.
All I need to do now is wait for my new system to be delivered to Arnold Clark so I can get the car booked in for the work to be carried out. I'm a little nervous, understandable I think due to all the other mishaps I've encountered that somehow or other they'll find some way of damaging the interior controls when carrying out the work. I can only hope not!

·
Registered
180 Posts
@K3nny - I've had my Sat Nav screen replaced twice in the last 9 months by my local dealer.

Make sure you test out that the Sat Nav can find an address and that it navigates and terminates correctly. this was the reason it was replaced te 2nd time, as it would never terminate a journey on arrival - it still doesn't now, but I can't be bothered about chasing it again.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts