Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably a very simple solution here but I used the satnav and reached my destination but can't get back to the radio display again. If I take the CD out it says 'insert a valid CD' but I just want to switch off the satnav until I need it again!!!!!!
HELP!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I was wondering this same thing yesterday as at night the map is a bit bright! Anyway I discovered to get the radio screen you need to press the band button once.

Hope this helps

·
Super Moderator
7,465 Posts
Taffy, Also remember once you reach your destination to use 'Terminate'. I found if I dontterminate the completed journey, my next entry is muted (no voice over) although the new destination will be displayed!?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well today I read the manual (boring!) and actually installed the GB/Ireland nav disc and now when I remove the CD it doesn't tell me to 'insert a valid CD.' Once the CD was installed the display went back to the Audio CD screen by itself. Along the route the satnav even alerted me of roadworks ahead. Very pleased today. Thanks for everyone's help. It's good to get a few heads together to work out problems. :)

·
Registered
210 Posts
has anyone figured out how to turn the screen off totally? when I press the power button, I get the big Chevrolet symbol on the screen, but it's quite distracting when driving in the dark......

·
Registered
69 Posts
The Orlando LTZ Auto I have the Sat Nav is controlled by a Computer Chip, and the brightness of the screen seems to be automatic as well as it goes dimmer when in shade and at night but only if your main headlights are on Auto control. Like everything to do with the screen set up you need time as I originally had problems putting in post codes andit still do as it will not let me put in one as it decided to give me a list for that area and the one I wanted was not on, but I could always put on Lat & Long as did not have an addresss, the problem I think it was designed by people who knew what they were doing but to be used by people who don't, as a retired consultant engineer I used to design for P**t proof.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Found a novel solution to my query, on the German Orlando forum.....

Using the 'picture frame' function, I've uploaded a pure black .jpg image that I created in MSPaint. Load it in, select it as the chosen image, and then when you're on the main screen press INFO 4 times, this then displays the 'picture' you have selected.

Works a treat.

The only problem is that you have to press INFO 4 times, everytime you start the car, or do something in the menu. I'm trying to see if there is a 'screen saver' type option, which displays the picture after a period of time....... watch this space!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Copy the image on to a USB stick, and plug it in to the USB socket located in the cubby hole behind the console.

Navigate to the 'picture frame' menu via the 'Config' button, and follow the instructions.

The manual gives more precise details.

I can do a step-by-step guide is you need one..... I'll just need to do it myself and write down the steps! (can't remember the exact procedure off the top of my head!)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts