Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had trouble with the security indicator not flashing in the digital clock,this is on a new captiva LTZ.
Is the Thatcham security function still working if this light is not flashing?

Many thanks

Malcolm

·
Registered
997 Posts
I'll check mine tomorrow, but I'm sure it only starts to flash after a delay. It's always flashing when I come back to the car if it's been sitting. Doesn't your's flash at all?

·
Registered
226 Posts
same here..
no flashing light, i asked the dealer, and even they were unsure....!!

but in the handbook it says the light should illuminate!..

but, my hazard light button lights up when i lock the car???

also, when i press the lock button on the key fob twice, after the first press, i hear the dorrs lock, but then on the second press, which is meant to do the deadlocks, i cant hear anything!!?

that cant be right can it!!!?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi
Thanks for the reply.

My dealer is unsure as well but will be taking the car in for it to be checked for other faults and will let you know the outcome.

When I press the key fob twice I don't hear anything so I will get this checked as well.

According to my handbook the hazard light should stay on for ten minutes after locking the car, why on earth this needs to happen I can't work out.

Regards

Malcolm

·
Registered
226 Posts
hi Malc...

i look forward to reading your findings, after your visit to the dealer...

because it will save me a visit, if it cant be sorted!!

so just to remind you what you need to ask!

1) security light not lighting up when car is locked

2) when key fob pressed twice, nothing seems to happen!! even thou its meant to work the deadlocks!!!

thanks Malc.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a 2009 LT (7 Seater).
The security light next to the clock starts flashing on mine straight after locking the car. Also, if I press the lock button on the key fob again within 3 seconds I can hear an additional click noise which I presume is the deadlocks enabling.

I would suggest putting someone inside the car, then locking it andenabling the deadlocks and see if they can then open the door from the inside. If the deadlocks are working, they should not be able to get out!!
Under normal conditions if the car is locked without the deadlocks, you can open the doors if you are inside.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Ambits said:
I have a 2009 LT (7 Seater).
The security light next to the clock starts flashing on mine straight after locking the car. Also, if I press the lock button on the key fob again within 3 seconds I can hear an additional click noise which I presume is the deadlocks enabling.

I would suggest putting someone inside the car, then locking it andenabling the deadlocks and see if they can then open the door from the inside. If the deadlocks are working, they should not be able to get out!!
Under normal conditions if the car is locked without the deadlocks, you can open the doors if you are inside.

Hope that helps.

mine is a 2010 LT 7 seater,

so i would presume that my light should do the same,

i will do as you suggest, as soon as i can persuade the girlfriend to sit in it, whilst i lock her in!!

if the deadlocks work, it would be terrible if i left her in there, whilst i watched the footy on tv in peace!!!!.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi
Thanks for the information, the car is now booked into the service department for Friday to have a diagnostic check,I presume that means a mechanic with a hammer.

I will let you know the outcome.

·
Registered
226 Posts
malcben said:
Hi
Thanks for the information, the car is now booked into the service department for Friday to have a diagnostic check,I presume that means a mechanic with a hammer.

I will let you know the outcome.

well...

what happened!!!!?

did they sort it all out!!?

·
Registered
652 Posts
You've not switched the internal sensors off by mistake have you...

I did this once (well the Mrs did to be honest) when she was putting on the passenger reading light she said it didnt work. she was pressing the button next to it, which switches off the internal sensors incase you leave a dog or something in the car that would activate the alarm. You only get notice of this after you lockthe car and an amber warning light is lit on the dash to indicate the internal sensors are off. Not sure if the red alarm light lights up in this state.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi
Thanks for the suggestion but I have checked that switch as we have two dogs.

I locked them in to test the internal alarm and all worked fine, then I locked the wife in to test the deadlocks all working, just know alarm warning light in the corner of the clock.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry I haven't posted a reply sooner.
I have hada ''diagnostic check'' the deadlocks are working so is the internal alarm just know flashing light in the corner of the clock.

Car now booked in for Monday for a couple of other faults as well:- Touch screen freezing and not retaining settings and a rattle has developed on passengers side.

·
Registered
226 Posts
malcben said:
Sorry I haven't posted a reply sooner.
I have hada ''diagnostic check'' the deadlocks are working so is the internal alarm just know flashing light in the corner of the clock.

Car now booked in for Monday for a couple of other faults as well:- Touch screen freezing and not retaining settings and a rattle has developed on passengers side.

my deadlocks work too, i locked myself in the car, and checked it!!
kids had spare keys just in case!!!

but my flashing red light near the clock still doesnt flash when it should, my dealer has told me that i have to take it in when they have the auto electrician in.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi
I have visited my dealer again and contacted Chevrolet UK, they say that there is a fault with my clock but even the new clock may not have a flashing light on it.

According to Thatcham the internal flashing light is now not compulsory in UK and you will still be covered on your insurance.

The dealer has updated my SATNAV System but still not retaining info so Chevy UK will be sorting it out via there technical support team.

·
Registered
226 Posts
thanks for the info!

i bet its a common fault, but other drivers havent noticed!!

when i lock my car, my hazard warning light lights up!!!

and stays on for a longtime after the car was actually locked up....

·
Registered
997 Posts
malcben said:
Hi
According to Chev UK the hazard light will stay on for ten to fifteen minutes, why this needs to happen I don't know.
It's obviously in case you have an emergency when you're not there!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts