Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just collected a 57 plate Captiva LTX diesel auto 7 seater today. Bought from Pentagon in Manchester after a good test drive last week. 130 mile trip home confirmed my initial overall good impressions of comfort and flexibility. Naturally, I've not yet had a chance to play with all the gadgets; however, one thing does concern me. I seem unable to shift from full auto to sequential gear shift. The selector moves ok but nothing seems to change! I will be speakng to the dealer but if anyone has any ideas on something I've missedI would be grateful.

Regards

Holmesinmalvern

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hmm. I'm not aware of any 'lock out' or reason why it wouldn't work - if the lever is moved fully left whilst in 'D' it should work.
Not sure if you can go there straight from neutral, as far as I know (and from memory without being in the car..) you have to be in drive and on the move before you can shift over to sequential.

Or it could simply be a fault? If it is it's not one I've heard of before.

Let us know what happens please!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Certainly worth getting it looked at but TBH your not missing much, its very slow to react and I always forget that I am in manual mode and end up screaming the nuts of it. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Carbon Black.
Thanks for reply. My main interest in using the sequential gearshift is to hold the car speed by using a lower gear on long descents where the alternative would be repeated light brake applications. I can't stand following cars where the driver constantly 'comfort' brakes with no alteration of speed: especially at night. I would prefer not to be guilty of the same 'brake light disco'.

Will post an update whewn i have one

Regards

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For anyone still interested.
The squential gearshift problem was one of4 snags discovered after collecting the car. The other3 were winter mode not working and auto headlamp and auot wipers inoperative.

All now resolved by a software reload!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts