Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My captiva 2.0 diesel bought 2 months ago, used for £8995, is no more. total engine faillure, clutch and flywheel destroyed too, not economical to repair. i said once i went into ownership with my eyes open but this has opened them properly for me! dealer is standing by warranty and giving me choice of almost all of my money back or another car, had paid quite a lot for a top notch warranty, but it won't be another cappy now i have read this forum. Good luck to all.

·
Registered
153 Posts
No offence minime, however when you were buying your car did you do any background checks on the car. Having gone part time in the summer I decided to buy a cabriolet with some of my lump sum. I spent 2 months checking for a suitable car, any car that I saw and fancied on the internet I went to see. When I finally bought my BMW 3 series, I knew the full history of the car, I even asked the dealer if (before parting with any money) if I could clean the car. This meant I could see any bodywork problems. I checked every thing that I could, and guess what the BMW has beem every thing that I expected it to be. I know the Captiva is a more complex vehicle than the BMW however unless you buy a new car if you check correctly you shold not be buying a pup. PS. I bought a new Renault in 1993 it was the only pup that I have ever bought.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i checked a bit, but bought from a local family owned dealer who has a good reputation locally, they serviced it and advised me to buy the extra warranty and said that anything except brake pads and discs and servicing would be covered. They di a cam belt change as it was shortly due before i bought the car and it was serviced too. for me they have been pretty good about it, towing me in and lent me a courtesy car over xmas. has aid they would prefer me to spend my money with them but if not will give me most of my money back, so will see them next week.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Seems fair enough...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts