Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering buying a 2011 captiva as my next family car.
Can anyone advise me on running costs, ease of repair etc. I have never owned as Chevrolet so have no idea about parts and how easy it is to get them fixed.
Any help\ advice is much appreciated.

G

·
Registered
441 Posts
There are thousands of items on here regarding Captiva's, and most of them are to do with faults that arise. Your best bet is to look through them all, and access for yourself if a 10 year old car, with absolutely no main dealer support, no source of parts (other than those common with the Vauxhall Antara), and a near baffling array of common faults is the thing for you and your family. You will be buying a car that will have no meaningful warranty no matter what the seller tells you, and who's value will fall to that of scrap metal the instant that a fault requiring more than a day's work appears. If that appeals to you, then go ahead, "fill your boots" as they say......
Seriously though, people on here seem to love them or at least like them, and their survival rate looks fairly high to me, but I definitely see them as a risky proposition now.

·
Super Moderator
7,390 Posts
Gconn,
Member Metro has hit the nail on the head. Chevrolet have NO UK dealerships now since with drawing from UK/Europe in 2015. Parts and service is problematic.
It is fair to say that no vehicle manufacturer is blemish free when it comes to 'things that go wrong' but without a dealership network, and although I was a happy owner of a Captiva for eight years, I wouldnt purchase one now.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I would avoid fuel economy around town is very poor especially if live in area with loads of traffic lights and stop start traffic mine does 19mpg
As others have said no dealer support
And in my experience this has to be one of the worst cars I have had for reliability just scroll past and get something where there is more dealer support

1 - 5 of 5 Posts