Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I recently had a issue with my Chevy. We drove to the garage to fuel up jumped back in and car wouldn’t start. We got a jump and the car starts but dies out after 5 seconds of running. Always 5 seconds. We can’t get any proper readings when scanning the car. It’s as if the immobiliser is turning the fuel and car off after it get started.
Any one had the issue?

·
Super Moderator
7,924 Posts
Bristow, I've edited the Topic caption. The i and the u are adjacent one another on the keyboard and I'm sure you mean shutting down ! :)
The answer to your question is -Yes. There are several existing discussions under numerous captions regarding 'wont start'.

Rather than go into reams of discussion (again) you can find these previous discussions by using the Forum Advanced Search facility which is explained in the link below.
There are a couple of other things you need to do and that is complete your Sign-Up. You've left your World location blank (although the system believes you are possibly in the UK), and the other vital thing is to complete your vehicle details. You havent told us if you have a Series 1 or Series 2 Captiva, year, engine variant/size, petrol or diesel, manual or automatic. You are obviously asking for guidance but told us nothing about the 'patient'.
Make sure that the diagnostic reader being used is capable of reading ALL GM codes (some readers cant).

Search = Search results for query: wont start

1 - 4 of 4 Posts