Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know how solid the Orlando mirror is? Well I've managed to take mine off, I hit a van mirror and the unit has come clean away.

The problem is that I can't see how to fix it back on again. I can't see any breaks, snapped*metal or plastic, nor can I see how it ought to fit back on again.

I would appreciate any guidance on this.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Two years later and there’s been no response. In that time i managed to replace the entire unit with one that didn’t have a built-in indicator and forget how I did it. Laws have changed and you need side indicators on your vehicle so I’m back again as I need to replace the replacement unit.
This time I have just the shell, so I need to work out how to remove the outer shell from the main structure of the mirror so if you know how to do that I’d appreciate some guidance.
However, have worked out how to remove the Orlando mirror unit again, so for the poor sods in the future who come across this post, you need a small pick or flat-blade screwdriver and it goes in the lower plastic housing, the part of the mirror unit that doesn’t move. Shock these photos for guidance.
Sorry for the angle, can’t get the system to rotate it properly but you get the idea.
9583E5B9-5FAC-4632-BDDC-7804C385B1FF.jpeg

·
Registered
857 Posts
Can't help you with your mirror, not familiar with it but do you really need the indicator repeater lights on the mirrors? If you stand at the back of the car with the indicator on and can see the rear indicator and part of the lens flashing on the front indicator then technically you don't need repeater lights (Vehicle Construction and Use regs).

Otherwise have you considered just buying a pair of repeater lights (about £15) to put on each front wing? Wouldn't be hard to wire in and would free you from the door mirror headache.

·
Super Moderator
7,219 Posts
Otherwise have you considered just buying a pair of repeater lights (about £15) to put on each front wing? Wouldn't be hard to wire in and would free you from the door mirror headache.
This would appear to be the easiest solution. (y)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts