Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I know there are several threads already but can’t find anything to help me. I have purchased steps but brackets supplied don’t seem to accommodate 3 mounting points along the sill. I have a 2011 LTZ any help please

·
Super Moderator
6,457 Posts
I guess it depends whether the Seller of the Side Steps you've purchased stated that the fitments were for the Series 2 2011 Captiva or if there was misrepresentation of the advert.
I cant say that I recognise the style but if there is a manufacturers name on them somewhere it may be worth you contacting them as to suitability and / or alternative bracketing.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I guess it depends whether the Seller of the Side Steps you've purchased stated that the fitments were for the Series 2 2011 Captiva or if there was misrepresentation of the advert.
I cant say that I recognise the style but if there is a manufacturers name on them somewhere it may be worth you contacting them as to suitability and / or alternative bracketing.
Hi, I fitted a set of similar style sidesteps to my 2012 Captiva last week. They were off a Ford ranger and came without brackets so I made my own. To be honest, if the fitting holes are the same as mine then the brackets in your picture are nothing like the brackets I had to make, they`re quite complicated and require a lot of welding and 4 holes drilling in the chassis, one for each bracket. If you`ve got access to a ramp and a welder I could try to post some pictures of the ones I made if you fancy having a go. Good luck, Howard.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts