Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my Captiva out in the snow today and all seemed well, but I had no lights on the dash other than the ESP flashing ocassionally. Is there not a light that indicates when it's gone into 4WD? It definately had, but there was no light.

Brilliant in a very tail- out way I might add...

Justy checked the book and it only comes on if it's not working!! Doh

Edited by: bigiainw

·
Registered
105 Posts
We have had a little snow down here in the South but not enough for a try out of the 4WD thank goodness/unfortunately lol. I thought the light was supposed to come on as well, think I'd better go back and read the book too.
The only time I have driven a 4WD in the snow was when I had a Jeep Grand Cherokee and it was amazing, I hope the Captiva is the same.

Brian.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We've got more than enough here in central Scotland- would you like some.

THe Captiva seems to be pretty **** good in the snow- all you have to remember is it takes just as long to stop as everyone else!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Thanks for the offer of snow but we're ok as we are at the moment lol. Ok on the stopping timethats a good pointwith the Captiva weighing overtwo tons.
Brian

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quick update- there's now 15 inches of snow in the street and the Captiva just eats it up. I've had to cross berms left by snowploughs all day and there was almost no sign that I had gone through. It's absolutely incredible in the snow. Apart from the fact it unfortunately makes it wholly possible to get to work, it's one of the best things I've ever owned!

·
Registered
226 Posts
well thats great news.....
i have been wondering if it was going to be any good!!!!

i live near 10 miles away from buxton, but i still havent seen any snow!!!!!....

i,m tempted to come and visit you, so i can test it!!

what are the tyres you have fitted?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Wow! fantastic pics, love the colour of the Captiva. That's what we originally set our hearts on but the one we had seen was sold before we could lay claim to it.
We now have snow here in Essex. It's about 3" deep and still snowing. At the moment I am inclined to leave the Captiva in the garage. I would love to get it out for a play but I cant bear the thought of wet snowy shoes on the carpet lol.

Brian

·
Registered
105 Posts
I might pluck up courage after breakfast and go down the road for a newspaper. How is it where you are? Have you had any Snow yet?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Just had the dealer phone up, they have an update for my Sat Nav.I told him I would wait until the weather cleared. According to the radio most of the roads round here are backed up and the dealer is a 30 mile round trip. Could have been a bit of an adventure though

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have some connections with the Highways people round here and I have just been told that gritting lorries returning for loads are to be fitted with snow ploughs before they go out again.

·
Registered
105 Posts
You are starting to convince me. I'll go and have some breakfast and see how I feel then. I can see from the bedroom window one of the main roads round here and it is at standstill. Maybe I wont go far just down to the local shop for a newspaper and back thats a couple of mile.

·
Registered
105 Posts
The snow is still falling and one of the trees in the garden looks like it has broken under the weight of the snow.I have had instructions to leave the car where it is. The excuse of nipping out for a paper was deemed an unnecessary journey by the wife and since basically the car is hers she gets the last word, as usual. Thats the trouble with being a kept man lol.

·
Registered
156 Posts
been there done that lol thankfuly for me shes otherside of the world out of the scene , you need to tell her the car really needs a run its not good for it sat in the garage

1 - 20 of 48 Posts