Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I ordered a Captiva LTZ in pearl white at the start of February and at last I have a delivery date of 19th June.

It seems a life time agoI had my test drive and cant wait for the beast to be here.

Thanks

Gary

·
Registered
8 Posts
Wow! thats a long wait my friend, I hope mine doesnt take quite that long, I'm starting to get excited and pi**ed off at the same time now. I ordered mine at the end of March so at your rate I'll not get mine til sometime in August.
Then the new plate will be out in Sept....

·
Registered
180 Posts
Gary G said:
Hi, I ordered a Captiva LTZ in pearl white at the start of February and at last I have a delivery date of 19th June.

It seems a life time agoI had my test drive and cant wait for the beast to be here.

Thanks

Gary
Not wishing to rub salt into your wounds, but that is exactly what I picked up yesterday, albeit slightly pre-owned (< 3 months).

Less than 4 weeks to wait now though

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hopefully you wont have to wait as long Kaz, I believe black and silver have been coming in just not the white.

How are you finding it Cbers?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Gary G said:
Hopefully you wont have to wait as long Kaz, I believe black and silver have been coming in just not the white.

How are you finding it Cbers?
Well, I look out the window and there it is
!!

Well, only day 2, and only did 30 miles today, so still getting used to the seat management, steering wheel positioning and everything else, but all in all, it's a lovely vehicle.

I must admit, I do like the colour, and I'm glad I took the time to track one down, as they seem to be very rare at the moment.

I hear that White is the new Silver or Black.

So, so far, so good

·
Registered
119 Posts
Any particular reason why all you guys have been ordering factory built Captivas as to ones already in stock in the UK? Is that you want a specific spec on your vehicles which are difficult to find on the cars already over here?
I signed my deal on the Tuesday and drove the car away on the Friday, mind you I did take one that was already in stock at the dealership.

I must admit I was tempted by the white, but having had two new cars in black before, I went for the colour I was used to, and as Mr Ford used to say...blah de blah de blah....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The garage where I ordered mine had no white in stock and at £21,990 I was not going to shop around any more

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi

I got the exact car in December without any wait and its lived up to expectations.

You will enjoy it when it finally arrives.

Regards

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi folks, Is there anything I need to look out for or discuss with the dealer when i pick it up? Only 2 weeks away now and any tips are welcome

Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
7,469 Posts
GaryG,If its an LTZ then really good Price
. Only thing I can think of is to ensure dealer supplies it with and/or assures you he will provide the very latest Sat Nav downloads (system and routing). Other considerations (if not already) would befloor mats, front mug guards help prevent throw-up of mud along body, maybe a rear load mat. Enjoy your new Captiva.

Aussie Ed

·
Registered
119 Posts
Make sure the removeable parcel shelf hasn't been removed, that happened to me and I had to go back and pick up another one. (after I eventually clicked that it was missing!). Make sure you haveprovided for car mats, my dealer didn't provide any in the deal.In anycase I went out and bought some much cheaper elsewhere.
Obviously I don't know what financial arrangements you have made, but make sure all the financial paperwork is in order, and that you get the ownership documents etc... Your dealer will probably provide you with a nice booklet containing them all.

A quick inspection of the car is important to check for any obvious dents or scratches. Although unlikely to be any, once you drive away difficult to prove it wasn't you that caused them.

Practise with the electronic brake a few times to get used to it, unless you've had one before. Requires you to depress foot brake before it can be set or released.

Don't forget when starting the car a safety feature requires that the clutch pedalbedepressed. A bit embarrassing if you stall at the lights and haven't had to start the car up to that point.

I bought a waterproof cover for the boot space, and it has been a great benefit for me, in terms of containing the wet and the dirt.

Check the locking wheel nut key is in the glove compartment along with user manual and service booklet.

And if you have never had diesel before, like me, pay alot of attention when you first fill up for fuel.

·
Super Moderator
7,469 Posts
Gary G, I forgot to mention - give some thought to the Fixed Service deal. There is a 30 day option to take this for new owners. I got mine at £399 before price went up, but even at £425 (I think it is now) for three years this would seem fair value as most services are £200'ish if paid for separately.
Aussie Ed

·
Registered
180 Posts
Aussie Ed said:
Gary G, I forgot to mention - give some thought to the Fixed Service deal. There is a 30 day option to take this for new owners. I got mine at £399 before price went up, but even at £425 (I think it is now) for three years this would seem fair value as most services are £200'ish if paid for separately.
Aussie Ed
Is this option only available for first-time owners or 2nd owners like me ??

·
Super Moderator
7,469 Posts
CBers, I really dont know. If you bought from a Chevy dealer and it had been previously serviced by a Chevy dealer then I believe there is an option to buy extended service deal. Not having got that far with my ownership the answer is to chat up your local Chevy dealer and see what he comes up with. Sorry I cant give positive answer
Aussie Ed

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks Aussie Ed, I thought it was a great price for an LTZ too and I will be sure tocheck the sat nav.

Some good tips there Jonnybgood, the electronic brake will take some getting used too and using diesel!

Will I have a removeable parcel shelf with having 7 seats?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I will look into the service deal, thanks Aussie Ed. At the mon=ment I have been offered a wheel and tyre insurance plan for £299 that am thinking about.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Gary G said:
Thanks Aussie Ed, I thought it was a great price for an LTZ too and I will be sure tocheck the sat nav.

Some good tips there Jonnybgood, the electronic brake will take some getting used too and using diesel!

Will I have a removeable parcel shelf with having 7 seats?
Yes, you definitely get a parcel shelf with the 7 seater. I only tend to have one of the third row seats up when I go on longer runs with the family, and put the eldest of my 3 kids in it to cut out on the sqabbling with the younger two. Funny thing is I didn't realise for about a week afterI picked it up that it was missing, then it dawned on me when I noticed the holes where it fits into the boot.

As for the service deal I ummed and arred about it, but being the tight wad I am I didn'twant to spend the extra money there and then. On reflection it would definitely have saved me around two or three hundred pounds over the three years, assuming I hold onto the car for that time.

·
Super Moderator
7,469 Posts
Hi Gary G, How's the Captiva going; hope it meets all your expectations so far
, or have you spent all weekend polishing it!

Aussie Ed

1 - 20 of 26 Posts