Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I can get a Spacesaver spare wheel for my Orlando.... The pump and goo thing that you get with it is as good as useless because you either get a Blow-out and the tyre is split or if say you pick up a nail on a nearly new tyre the use of the inflator will render the tyre unfixable when you take it into a Tyre Centre.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I am in spain and I popped into my local dealer and bought a full size spare wheel which took only a couple of days to get. I have the 163 hp with the 18 inch alloys but I bought the 16 inch steel wheel which was a lot cheaper, but the same circumference, I have tried it and it fits.

I have removed the rear seats because I do not use them and it fits nicely in the well that is left, you can buy a carrier that fits underneath but I am told it is costly.

They do three sizes of wheel and they all fit. As I tow a large caravan it is the only way to go for me.

Good luck.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I had a puncture too the car into be repaired told the tyre could not be repaired and needed a new one, I have the 18 inch wheels, the repairers looed on their computer system and found they did not have one in stock so suddendly were able to repair it ???? Either a tyre is repairable or not not sudendly change from unrepairable to be repairable as they had not one in stock this was Kwik Fit.

·
Registered
56 Posts
If you are near National tyres in wolverhampton, they are good, did me an emergency oil change end of july when the dpf light came on. peter the manager is good! tell them a chevrolet driver recommended you to go there.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yep I must admit I'm not overjoyed about the prospect of trying to repair a puncture with one of these kits. There are more and more manufacturers not supplying a spare wheel with these kind of cars.
I had a puncture on a dark cold nighton a blind bend, on a busy road with my Citroen C4 Picasso. There was no way I was going to put myself in danger by even trying to repair it so I called out the AA - who couldn't repair itso I ended up having to be recovered for the lack of a spare wheel. I was not happy I can tell you. The AA guy said this is getting to be a real issue for them.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Had a puncture last night, on the M40 just as pulling off to the services, got into the car park, and put my full size spare on , pleased i found a car with one, as 200 miles to home. Tyre can probably be repaired today, as appears to be a nail, but this was always my nightmare scenario, 200 miles from home on a sunday evening and all the tyre places closed.

For those who want a wheel, check for a vauxhall 5 hole wheel from a scrappy or e-bay. same for jack pack.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Has anyone in the UK had a spare wheel carrier fitted underneath an Orlando. Its nice to know vauxhall wheel and jack are suitable for the Orlando.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought what was described as a spare wheel from a Vauxhall Zafira on eBay. But it doesn't quite fit. The 5 holes line up but it won't quite go over the thread of the bolts. Is it a particular Vauxhall wheel I should use rather than one from a Zafira?Many thanks

·
Registered
306 Posts
kiisu1218 said:
I bought what was described as a spare wheel from a Vauxhall Zafira on eBay.  But it doesn't quite fit.  The 5 holes line up but it won't quite go over the thread of the bolts.  Is it a particular Vauxhall wheel I should use rather than one from a Zafira?Many thanks
What do you drive? If it's an orlando then I would suggest an orlando spare steel wheel. About £60 from dealer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks Stemo yes it's an Orlando. I just called Toomey Chevrolet in Basildon, they said they only sell an alloy at £150. I would prefer a steel.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hi

The part number for a steel wheel is

<b style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px; : rgb251, 251, 253;">PT Number 13259235 16" x 6.5 Cost £58 Inc Vat[/B]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Toomey Chevrolet may only have in stock alloy wheel for Orlando, but they should be able to order steel wheel for you from Chevrolet.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Sorry kiisu1218 don't know that number. As far as I am aware Chevrolet don't do a specific "spacesaver" for the Orlando.

Other branded spacesavers may be available.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts