Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everybodyhave just purchased a spark ls with no spare wheel local scrap yards have no sparks does anybody
know any other make or model with same wheels fitted tyre size 155-70-R-14 dealer says wheel size
is14x4.5 maybe

·
Registered
66 Posts
dont foget to get the spare wheel kit. contains the jack, wheel wrench, spare wheel retaining boltand correct foam insert for the boot.
the old foam insert can then be skipped !

·
Registered
652 Posts
It will be the same as some Corsa models, but to be fair, it is not going to be anything out of the ordinary.
Watchdog did a piece on the move for all manufactures to stop supplying spare wheels and opt for puncture repair kits. In my opinion, a really bad idea, as it assumes that you only need to change the wheel for a puncture, and doesn't consider other reasons to do so, like a blow-out, a "slice" in the tyre (as opposed a small hole from a nail), a damaged rim, etc...

As for getting a jack, surely it comes with a jack and wheel brace (even the crappy ones they supply), as the puncture repair kit can only be used successfully on a wheel that has been jacked up, so there is no pressure on the flat tyre. Also, they usually advise you to remove the foreign item, ie. the nail, so you still have to take the wheel off to find that.

As said, a bad idea, dreamt up by an accountant...

Edited by: K.L.Richards

·
Registered
68 Posts
K.L.Richards said:
In my opinion, a really bad idea, as it assumes that you only need to change the wheel for a puncture, and doesn't consider other reasons to do so, like a blow-out, a "slice" in the tyre (as opposed a small hole from a nail), a damaged rim, etc...
Agreed. Corner-cutting by the manufacturers (in my opinion).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts