Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, is anyone else slightlydisappointedwith the standard headlamplightingperformance? We live out in the sticks so decent headlamps are a must.I am contemplating replacing the H4 standardbulbsforhttp://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251106920661&fromMakeTrack=true#ht_786wt_1130

Has anyone upgraded to road legal Osram orPhillipsimproved high performance H4 bulbs and what are your thoughts ?

They dont run any hotter or consume more power but claim to have 90% more "light" ?

Edited by: LINCOLNSHIRE LASS

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply and your opinion on the headlamps and its what we thought as well.

I will be getting them changed asap.

The car is spot on though and that was its weakest point so far so not to expensive to make the change :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Changed the headlamp bulbs and I wassurprisedto find that the standard OE bulbs were Phillips so not cheap ones. The new ones are a vastimprovementand well worth the £12 for the pair of bulbs.Much brighter, better pattern of light, legalwattage'sanddefiantlybetter night driving.
I replaced them withOSRAM NIGHTBREAKER PLUS

·
Registered
18 Posts
Osram nightbreakers are good bulbs, but you have to be carefull when you replace the standard ones, some of the brighter aftermarket bulbs can give off alot more heat and cause the inside of the lense to discolour and split, but like I said Osrams are good bulbs and shouldnt have this problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts