Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, Need advice please recently purchased entry level spark with 13inch wheels. I am having difficulty obtaining full size spare can only access spacesaver.As GM make this car anyone any idea if something like a four stud Vauxhall would fit.

·
Registered
380 Posts
First, read through the spark postings, someone had some for sale, then, does not matter if 14" choose the tyre size to keep rolling diameter the same. google it and ask a scrapyard, they will postone for you. you can go to something like wheelbase alloys online and that will give you the specs.

happy motoring

·
Registered
380 Posts
chevrolet spark 1.0 spare wheel and tyre brand new 155 75 R14 eBay £50.... you can ask the seller to post collect+ to you. online parcel service,Google that too!

·
Registered
380 Posts
CHEVROLET SPARK 2010 SPARE STEEL WHEEL AND TYRE 155 80 R13 CONTINENTAL 4STUD 5MM eBay

also £50. now do the rest yourself.

happy motoring

check obviously which model, 2010 on ....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Checked with two dealers No Way do you put a 14inch wheel when it should be thirteen,they also tell me 13 inch tyre does not adhere to 14 inch rim. Dangerous advise!

·
Registered
380 Posts
nobody said to put a 13" tyre on a 14" rim. If the rolling diameter is the same it is absolutely fine. My epica has standard 16" wheels, but my spare is a 17", it is the rolling diameter that counts. I personally don't know of anyone stupid enough to try to put a smaller tyre on a larger wheel, but it has been done. You might have noticed i put 2 postings with 2 different wheel/tyre combinations showing on e-bay. i suggest you go there to buy what you want. If your car is fitted with steel 13 " wheels the dealer can supply a spare, the only thing is that you might not want to pay dealer prices.

Good luck, and please read the posts properly before you criticize. I have 35 years of experience in the motor trade!

·
Registered
380 Posts
so much for your so called 35 years experience your advice was so wrong never mind your attitude! GET A LIFE BETTER STILL GET A JOB!!!!!!!!

Why are you being offensive?

Spacesavers are larger diameter than most "ordinary car wheels" and more akin to a motorcycle tyre at high pressure on a steel rim. I posted 2 links showing 2 offers on e-bay, whichever one you wish to choose is up to you. If a car has for example 13 " wheels you can safely fit 14 " wheels as long as the rolling diameter is the same. a larger wheel with the correct diameter is safe, and that is it. Otherwise why all the aftermarket shops selling wheel tyre combinations.

<div style="text-align: left;">If you have any further queries, don't expect any assistance from me, Go to your dealer and pay for the advice and pay full price for the parts.
<div style="text-align: left;">

<div style="text-align: left;">Ps no more replies from me.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sorry Jon C but everything Oldroverboy said was 100% correct. You can safely put a 14" wheel on the car as long as the tyre is a lower profile to make the diameter of the wheel the same. There was no need to take such an attitude with someone who was trying to offer help and advice to a problem you were having.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Widget said:
Sorry Jon C but everything Oldroverboy said was 100% correct. You can safely put a 14" wheel on the car as long as the tyre is a lower profile to make the diameter of the wheel the same. There was no need to take such an attitude with someone who was trying to offer help and advice to a problem you were having.

thank you Widget, appreciated. somewhere in the postings is a bit about me, Yes i sold parts, at times when the workshop manager was absent ran the workshop, and amongst other things worked at the geneva motor show, and sold cars too. i worked for a large independant dealer who was one of the kindest nicest people i have ever known. I am a long way from being perfect, i am quite sure, And no I don't know everything, but I am pleased to say that i have had messages of thanks for assistance on this forum, but i won't let one comment spoil my day!

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Widget said:

Completely agree.

Posts have now been edited. Jon C - please check your Private Message.

·
Registered
18 Posts
You got any pics evanmarcus? Would be very interested in seeing how they look. Cheers

·
Super Moderator
7,465 Posts
Have you sold this and where do you live
Stewpot, The post you refer to is 9 years old ! It would be unusable by now anyway by age rubber deterioration.

Information on how to use the Forum including your Location (which you left blank on Sign-Up) and other useful tips are on this link:-

1 - 17 of 17 Posts