Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone just got my new aveo vcdi last week really happy with it
the rear speakers arent giving any sound out and i cant seem to get them working,
also been trying to get a compatible spare any help would be good
lovely wee car im delighted
thanks
gerry

·
Registered
380 Posts
gerrybelfast said:
hi everyone just got my new aveo vcdi last week really happy with it
the rear speakers arent giving any sound out and i cant seem to get them working,
also been trying to get a compatible spare any help would be good
lovely wee car im delighted
thanks
gerry
[
/QUOTE]
New as in new or new to you? read your handbook, it should tell you how the front rear fader works. If not if new from a dealer ask them, if used from a dealer ask them. You can download the owners manual from the chevrolet uk website for current models, but always let us know model , year and engine/transmission when you post, it helps us to help you. (yes the clue is there...vcdi) I drove the petrol version up the hill (slowly) at Goodwood last week, lots of room, but the polite expression is slightly underpowered...

for the spare (wheel i assume) try a scrappy. corsa astra 1.3 5 bolt wheels might fit, (drivetrain the same) but check, or ask your dealer for a discount as you are a forum member, some do...definitely get a full size, even if you put a budget tyre on it. there are posts here about the costs from uk dealers..
Finally watch out for the dreaded dpf light, and please please do your oil changes and services to maintain your warranty.

Happy motoring.

Edited by: Oldroverboy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes brand new, 2012aveo LT 1.3vcdi manual asked the dealer he hasnt got back to me hes on holidaycant see anything in the manual about speakers, im more concerned about getting a spare
sorted (5 nuts), i emailed some guy barry who was reccomended on this site so i will see what happens
with him
thanks

Edited by: gerrybelfast

·
Registered
380 Posts
that will be barry franklin at cresser redditch, (call, he is a lovely man!) you can get it sent collect + if they deliver to you, (are you in belfast or is that something else) go to the collect+ website, place your order, select a delivery point, usually a newagent/ spar shop close to you, save the label as a pdf to your desktop and e-mail that to barry, or for a bit more you can get it delivered to your door.
for the radio look at page 92 and use buttons 12/13/14, not sure which,,
Edited by: Oldroverboy

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, Don't know if the LT radio is the same as in LTZbut in LTZ the fader is accessed by pressing the tone button,
then scroll down to fader menu.

not great lot of volume from the new Aveo radio.

Good to hear of another 2012 Aveo in N.I.

Stephen

·
Registered
380 Posts
If you go to the chevrolet uk website and check the audio equipment levels, they ALL have 4 speakers. (that is if it is a "new Aveo" ie new shape.

·
Registered
51 Posts
2012 1.3 lt eco new shape definately no speakers in rear doors ,when they say 4 speakers i think they mean 2 front door speakers & 2 tweeters each side of dash

1 - 9 of 9 Posts