Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up an 09 Captiva yesterday and couldn't believe it when it beeped at me continuously when I edged over 70mph all the way home! We drive a lot round the continent where speed limits vary and I must confess, do sit a little above 70 on the motorways here. Is there anyway to turn this off? I have read the manual cover to cover and can't find anything about it in there.

Anyone experience this? Does it drive you bonkers too? What can I do about it? Anything??

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks both for your posts, but I don't have a sat nav - it's a LS model - so basic no frills.... could it be to do with having a tow bar fitted?

·
Registered
652 Posts
Confused me then..... The only thing that "beeps" on mine (2008 LTX), is the reverse sensors but only in reverse, and you didnt say if you where going forward or backwards at 70mph +

The other "beep" is for the seat belts. Did you have something heavy on the passenger seat ? But then again they go when you go faster than 5mph (I think) with the belt off.

There is one other, now I think about it, and that is leaving the ignition key in the car (or it lights on.. cant remember) when you get out.

But that would not be at 70mph+ either.... You got me beat.

Sorry.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have an captiva Lt 2.0vcdi -07 and have the same annoying thing. a warning lamp flashes in the panel and a warning sound everytime i hit over 120km/h . Must be a way to disable this.

·
Registered
693 Posts
what lamp is coming on??

...is that the same for you ACUK....is there a lamp coming on?

·
Super Moderator
6,632 Posts
On the Series 2 with SatNav I have a 'beep' when in 30 mile zone if I exceed 30. This can be activated/disabled via the Drivers Information screen settings. Maybe the Series 1 has this as well for 'over speed'. What does your handbook manual say?

·
Registered
60 Posts
On my other cars the speed limit is either linked with an option on the cruise control, or an option in a menu, I have no idea what a series 1 captiva has inside but look and see if you cruise has more option than you think reasonable, one of those is probably your limiter :)

EDIT - looking at specs on lower cars it does say Cruise Control With Speed Limiter so there must be mention in the manual, it can't be that hard to figure out.
Edited by: sandys

1 - 9 of 9 Posts