Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a chevrolet captiva 2.0 LT which has done 68,000 kms. From the past 6 months i have been noticing a starting problem, the dealer mechanic said it was due to cold weather but now its summer and the problem still remains, and most importantly its not only in the morning but sometimes even in the day. please suggest something as i am really tensed

·
Registered
476 Posts
The problem needs checking out by a competent garage, in a warm climate you can usually rule out the glow plugs and look more to the ECU,common rail pressure, or injector faultsspray patternsand timing.

·
Registered
476 Posts
One thing you could try first is put a good quality injector cleaner in with a full tank of fuel and see if that helps any.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have been doing this since a long time, it has helped to a certain extent. But a little problem still remains, my clutch disc is also damaged, not totally but the clutch has become very hard and the dealer told me so, also told me it doesn't need immediate replacement. But is this a result of that problem?

·
Registered
476 Posts
if the clutch is hard to operate it is probably the pressure plate that is damagedwhichdoes not affect the car starting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts