Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a Captiva LT 2WD, I am thinking of getting winter tyres (current tyres are 235/60/R17) but would want to put these on steel wheels so that I can change them back and forth at home and save a few pennies.

Trouble is, I have no idea what sort/size of steel wheels will fit! Anyone any idea where I can get a set or advise on the correct size I should be looking out for in scrapyards etc?

Many thanks in advance!

Edited by: BorisBlank

·
Registered
997 Posts
There are usually some advertised on fleabay, but you might be better with a used set of alloys- I got a set (18") on the afforementioned auction site for £100 and added the winter tyres. Steel wheels with tyres would have been £200 more.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I'd actually consider 17" if you want to fit with Winter Tyres, it gives you more options.
I have 18" rims on my 2008 LTX and there are very few winter tyres out there for this size. You have to go for Michelens which are very very expensive...

Dont forget, you change the RIM size and you need to accomodate with the tyre profile to keep the rolling diameter the same (or there about) or your speedo will be so far out it should be recalibrated to stay within the law.

This link (posted by someone on here ages back - Think Iain or Al, cant rememeber which), allows you to track the size of tyres you need to fit the rims and stay within tolerance.

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts