Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2012 AVEO stop start not working again ,been a week now i think its back to dealer time

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well main dealer can,t find anything wrong apart from one period when it showed voltage at 80% on the diagnostics ,although the battery voltage is ok when tested. only problem was stop/start still wasn,t working and they don,t know why ? only suggestion was it might have stop/started too many times on a short journey and needed time to recover

·
Registered
380 Posts
They ain't half havin a larf... Needed time to recover.. An informed guess tells me the battery isn't man enough for the job. save yourself some aggro and switch the **** thing off. if this goes on you WILL discharge the battery enough for it to be unable to recover and a cell will fail, probably when you are in a hurry one morning to do something and it will irritate the **** out of you.
ORB, off to the festival of speedwith chevrolet.

Edited by: Oldroverboy

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I had the same problem and didn't realise till I read the handbookthat if I had the heating control set to demist it automatically cycles the A/C, also coolant temperature has a lot to do with it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes new that, strange though you can select other positions with a/c on and stop-start works ok.
The one i can,t work out is if the car has stopped in the stop-start mode and you open the door the engine starts up ?

·
Registered
156 Posts
this start stop must be a new thing in the 2012?? as my 2009 59 plater does not have it<div id="LCS_336D0C35_8A85_403a_B9D2_65C292C39087_communicationDiv">

·
Registered
380 Posts
LordPom,only on new shape aveos 2012 on, drove one up the hill at goodwood the other week, bit underpowered but nicer car than the 09 1.4vvt we have in london.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Ah that Explains it then, love my Carbon Flash 1.4 LT best car have had<div id="LCS_336D0C35_8A85_403a_B9D2_65C292C39087_communicationDiv">

·
Registered
380 Posts
snap for the colour, but don't like the driving position, new one has bags of room, much better more comfort. go and try a new one, chevrolet will let you have an extended test drive.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My stop start works only when the battery condition is above a certain level, this makes sense as constant town use will drain the battery, especially if other heavy use electrics are on. Done 14,000 miles and had problem with fuel pump wiring, (unexplained burned out).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts