Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if it's possible to switch off the Auto setting on the headlights permanently ? I hate them being on that setting (normally its an option on a car to either have them off or on auto), when it's dusk they start randomly switching on and off as the light fades!

·
Registered
997 Posts
Doubt it, I've never managed!

·
Registered
226 Posts
all the people around where i live just think i am a really friendly guy!!!!

i would hate them to find out its my automatic light that are flashing them, and not myself!!!!

·
Registered
476 Posts
I am not sure you will have to try it, but I think when you have started up and you turn the light switch against the spring to the off position it over rides the auto lights, then when you want them on flick it again and they will revert back to auto and come on. only thing is if you switch offthe engine and start again the lights go back to default and are back on auto, try it to see if it works on yours if it does at least you can turn off the auto on that intermediate light flashing period.

·
Registered
29 Posts
hi
i am pretty sure this is what i did when i had them on my epica LT, bloomin annoying! one thing i dont miss on my capty LT

·
Registered
997 Posts
Mine too- I usually don't bother though!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers for the replies, I understand thats how 'it should be' but wondered if there was some override setting, obviously not.
The auto sensing of light on them is far to sensitive, at dusk the lights are going on and off like a christmas tree unless you override it. They should of built some timer mechanism in so that they only came on after 20 seconds of darkness or went off after 20 seconds of light etc.

Or, just had a big OFF button

·
Registered
476 Posts
They make the lights sensitive and immediate so the lights are there to help you if you if the light is lost quickly like going under a fly over or into a unlittunnel.If people think you are flashing at them give them a wave as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts