Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the longest distance your Captiva has done on a tank of diesel ?

After reading some of the MPG posts claiming their computer says 40mpg that should mean getting over 500 miles between filling up.

I usually fill up when the on board computer resets ( 30 miles to empty ) and put in approx 59 litres of diesel and the best mileage I have everreached is 440miles (33.9mpg) - However, I usually do 420miles (32.3mpg)

I have a 2010 model Captiva 2.0ltr LT 7 seater Manual.

I look forward to your replies....

·
Registered
652 Posts
Like many on here, I have concluded that the MPG on the Computer is rubbish

I track my MPG in a similar way, by working out miles driven between fill-ups, and I get a similar consumption to yourself. Recently, I have been travelling the M4 from South Wales to Reading quite frequently, and have seen improved MPG on longer journeys, up arround 34mpg, but the norm is arround 32-33mpg.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Chevrolet should be charged under the trade description act when it comes to the item known as fuel consumption computer. I think mine is about 25% out in accuracy.40mpg shown = 30mpg in truth.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Agreed, not sure who they got to write their s/w, but yours seems to be over zealous on the mpg.

My Range figure is always out, always shows less Miles to Empty than I can actually get, but the Miles Per Litre, is not far out at the moment. Shows 34.17 mpg (or 13.30 lts/100 Miles). But this has to be reset now and again, or the readings get really skewed and the figures become unrealistic.

I wonder how often the setting should be reset. Reset them too often and they become silly, as I found out reseting them after every fill up. Leave them too long and they are unrealistic the other way.

·
Registered
134 Posts
My missis has done about 1100 miles now. MPG on computer no matter how many times I reset averages 29.7mpg with her going back and fourth to work. Works out 400 miles to a tank.

If I get the cruise control on a 50-60mph run can average high 40's/low 50's but it drops loads soon as I hit town work

1 - 5 of 5 Posts