Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,
does any one elses temperature display reading go up , when you park the car for ten minutes, then get back in, it has gone up several degrees, i think it seems to be affected by the engine block temperature once the car has been driven!!

or is it just mine!!!!?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
when the car is moving, the temp reading seems ok.....
but when i park up, and set off after being stopped for half an hour or so, the temperature is way higher than it actually should be!!

eg. reading minus 2 today, park up, get back in after ten minutes or so, the new temp reading will be up to 5 degrees!!, start driving, within three minutes, temp will show minus 2 again!!

hope that explains what i am on about!!!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
On my first Captiva the temperature sender was just hanging by its wire and was very near to the oil cooler matrix. Have a check to make sure yours is secure and not resting on the matrix. It could be that it warms up if it'sin contactwhile the car isstanding as there isn't the wind chill coming through the grill. Edited by: Brian

·
Registered
105 Posts
If you look through, I think it's, the lower grill it should be attached to a strut that runs from top to bottom in the middle. I'm having a job remembering exactly what it looks like but look for something that looks like a square-ish connector plug.

·
Registered
997 Posts
It was -12 here last week, parked up for 20 min and when I got back in the temp was reading +23! I think I'll check mine when it comes back from the body shop....Edited by: bigiainw

·
Registered
105 Posts
I must admit I haven't taken much notice of the outside temp, I've been to busy keeping an eye on the inside setting. My co-pilot keeps turning it down while I'm concentrating on driving, she gets hot flushes. As a soft old Southerner I feel the cold, heaven knows how I would cope with -12!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mine does the same. Parked up during the week at -3 and when I returned an hour later it was +7 and itreturned to-4 a few minutes after starting.

Axel

1 - 9 of 9 Posts