Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just joined the forum.. I have been looking at captiva now for 5 months, ever since I found out I was going to be a dad again.

I really like them and staying in Scotland the 4wd will come in handy, saying that the winter has been quite mild so far. Really look for some advise to what to spot for when looking at the captiva and what questions to ask.

I have seen one today which I am going to enquiry about tomorrow, it's sh09 wsw, does anyone know this vechicle? "09" LT 7 seater. I believe these a 4wd.

I'm currently trying to sell my motor which is vectra Vxr. Not the best time to be selling but need must.

Looking forward to your replies.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have aCaptiva VCDI LT 7 seater (old shape)I bought from new nearly a year ago. So far I have completed 10000 trouble free miles. I paid under £16k on the road which included metallic paint.

The car's flexible layout and excellent third row seating arrangement is ideal for all our kids. We regularly use third row seats which are a good size and I am told are very comfortable. Lugggage space is minimal when all seats are used, so we tend to just have 1 of the third row seats up which leaves plenty of space for shopping etc. I looked at lots of 7 seater cars and found the Captiva's layout to be one of the most flexible and easy to use.

Build quality is not up there with the VW's and Audi's of this world, but is perfectly acceptable.

Ride and handling is fine for a car this big.

The engine has plenty of poke in it, we use ours to tow a caravan which it manages with ease.

Economy isn't great, doesn't seem to matter how I drive mine I always get between 32 and 34 mpg when measured at the pump, don't expect any more than that. I don't do enough miles to worry about it though.One down side is the lack of trip computer on the LT model.

I understand Chevrolet's are at the top of the list when it comes to reliability and are one of the cheapest cars to service.

All 7 seat versions of the Captiva are On Demand All Wheel Drive, which is great in the slippery stuff.

I would definitely recommend this car, Overall I am very pleased withit. You might get a few snidey comments from the badge snobs, but I personally think Chevrolet is above the likes of Hyundai and Kia who make similar sized cars.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I have the trip computer in my LTX- it's so inaccurate that it's not worth having, other than top fill the hole up. I've done 24k over the past 18 months in my Captiva and have found it to be a good drive, very comfortable and wellequipped, fast enough and above all flexible and not exorbitantly expensive to own. Sure, the economy could be better, but I don't think you can have everything!

·
Registered
214 Posts
We love ours - a 2007 LT 7 seat diesel - as it does everything we bought it for:
7 seat versatility.
Loads of space inside.
Good high driving position.
Good safety stuff.
The ability to have 4 wheel drive when needed.
Complete reliability and lack of faults (which is a bonus!)

Bad points which we would have moaned about if it wasn't so perfect for what we use it for:

Suspect build quality.
Sloppy and unresponsive auto gearbox.
Mid 20's (admittedly a bit more on a run) mpg.

However, like I say I really don't know what else would be so perfectly suited for what we need in a (albeit 2nd) car without spending a lot more money. They are, as far as I can see, excellent value.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have owned mine for nearly 6 months now and still grining from ear to ear when I sit in it.

The best car I have owned to date. Love it.

Would definateltyby it again if I ever had to replace it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
We have had ours for a couple of years and it is an excellent car for the family. Low MPG aside we have had a few issues.

- Anti Roll Bar links
- Shock replaced
- Parking sensors packed up
- Rear washer jet blocked (twice)
- Just replaced the rear screen because one of the elements snapped.

It gets a lot of abuse and puts up with it well. If you do get one check for uneven tyre wear, always worth checking the tracking at least once a year. Cheap to service even at a main stealer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi.Hope it's not to late? . I had several Toyotas, over 15yrs. Never had anything wrong with them- just serviced, and back on the road.
My 59 plate Captivas been in for a new steering rack, as it clicked on hard locks.The fuel consumption has improved as the engines "run in".
Servicing is more expensive than any of my biggish Toyota models.
and when I agreed to buy the car, the salesman said he'd make sure it had a tank of diesel for when I picked it up.
It only had a gallon in it. On questioning this with the salesman, and his boss, they laughed at me and said "it was a joke-" They refused to do anything.
Good luck.
Eddie
I got my Captiva from Chevrolet- Barnsley. Sth. Yorks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts