Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of getting a Cruze.

Currently thinking of the Diesel manual LT as it has all of the features we would want.

However, have seen the CS pack which I like but mainly comes on the LS models from what I have seen.

There are obvious differences between the LS and the LT which I can live without, the main benefit of that model was the 17's, the climate and the more powerful engine.

The CS has the better handling which is something I would like and the spoiler is a nice add on.

Is the 150bhp engine just a remapped version of the 125bhp diesel? If so, can the remap be done through a dealer or third party?

I haven't seen any nearly new LT's with the CS pack, but have a couple of LS's. Unless there are any real new bargains out there I would be looking for something up to 6 months old.

Also slightly confused by the warranty, the brochure says 3 years, but the dealer mentioned 5 years. Did it change recently, and if so what is the oldest I can go and get the 5 year warranty as we tend to keep cars about that long.

Thanks for any help.

Stu

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes I am planning to buy a new Cruz e in just one month. one of my friend have Cruz e. and when I drive that car at that time only I think that I want to buy that car. I like to have dark blue colour in that car. In this car the engine is good, pick up is good.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Cruze is best in LT trim, CS is an overpriced slightly spiced up LS trim and I certainly dont see the price rise justified with a cheap looking rear spoiler, some alternative alloys and as I understand it a slightly lower ride height.
Have now driven the Cruze LT VCDi, its basically an Astra, not as quiet as the Astra when on the move but more importantly indications are it is supremely more reliable than the Astra (feedback from service manager of my local Vaux/Chev dealership). Trim wise its ok, seats are a bit low rent and not as nice as those in the Astra but overall I really like it. And the 2 litre diesel lump is excellent.
Cruze is holding its value more than the Astra but i think that used saloon prices will drop as the more desirable 5 door model hits the UK this Autumn.
Just my opinion but I am convinced LT trim the one to go for. And Super Red or Black the best colours. Super Red now deleted but Velvet Red quite nice. Avoid Misty Grey - its lilac by anyother name!

·
Registered
10 Posts
CS handling slightly better as car is lowered. Wheels also add better grip but now only LTZ available so I guess Chevrolet will drop the saloon eventually when all the chassis are used up in Korea.USA will most probably do mainly saloons.
Hatch looks to be a try at Ford Focus copy but will not be as good at road holding as Ford chassis is the best mid car around (I had one before my Cruze).
Chevrolet also dropped all engines except diesel for saloon as economy was realy bad. Diesel gets about 50 mpg at best.

·
Registered
214 Posts
With regard to warranty I was offered in Nov 2011 a 3 year warrantyor 5 year warranty on my new Cruze. It actually works out cheaper to buy the 3 year warrantly and buy the 2 year extended warranty separately than taking out the 5 year in one go, Nice one guys. Check theprices before you buy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts